+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Draft prospects you hate?

Re: Draft prospects you hate?

The thing with Hightower is that I don't think Reese will have much interest in him at #32 unless he's confident in his ability to play with his hand in the dirt and rush the passer as well. Just don't see the value there for an ILB with concerns against the passing game at the NFL level. That said, he has a bright future if the right team drafts him.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Hightower is not a first round talent in my view. If he's still there at #64 then maybe.

What's wrong with Lamar Miller? Id rather have him than david Wilson or doug martin. Miller can be one of those backs that strike fear into opposing defenses with his elite burst. Martin looks like another Bradshaw to me, which is good but not what I think we need.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]The thing with Hightower is that I don't think Reese will have much interest in him at #32 unless he's confident in his ability to play with his hand in the dirt and rush the passer as well. Just don't see the value there for an ILB with concerns against the passing game at the NFL level. That said, he has a bright future if the right team drafts him.[/quote]

I can definitely see the Giants not thinking he's a safe pick for a 4-3. He can play with his hand in the ground from what I've seen, but my guess is that he'll end up in a 3-4 system where he's probably a better fit.

As for not being a first round talent, I doubt it, bu MAYBE he wont' go in the first, but no way he goes beyond the very early part of the 2nd. My guess is the people that knock his talents are people that didn't watch him play much this year. He was the captain, play caller and lead tackler for the #1 defense in the country. On a team that consistently gets the top recruiting classes he has started from day one.

[quote user="quan the don"]What's wrong with Lamar Miller? Id rather have him than david Wilson or doug martin. Miller can be one of those backs that strike fear into opposing defenses with his elite burst. Martin looks like another Bradshaw to me, which is good but not what I think we need.[/quote]I think the better Giants RB comparison would be Tiki honestly. Bradshaw has never been a serious threat with screens or in the receiving game. I like Martin's versatility and I think if he was to pan out, the opposing defense really would never know what to expect from him on most plays.

But, I seriously doubt we draft a RB in the early rounds anyhow so it's probably futile to discuss guys in the 1st to 3rd.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

+ Reply to Thread