+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Do the options for the SKINS getting an upper echelon QB worry you as a Giant fan

We are all hearing that the Redskins are going to push hard for a top-tier QB in free agency or the draft...We know who they covet most...Peyton Manning and RGIII. </P>

My sense is that Manning has already narrowed his decision to Miami, where he already has a homeand a team that does have some talent on both sides of the ball...OR, Arizona, a talented team that just can't seem to get anything going at QB but are certainly poised for the playoffs and more if Peyton came to town...Both are warm-weather states and AZ has a dome stadium with climate control.</P>

so...That may leave Washington on the outside looking in holding a big purse for Manning if that is what he wants...but I don't believe that is all...There is also the idea that Peyton and Eli would prefer they each play in different divisions, if not conferances...which would lead you to believe that Miami could be the "new" home for Manning.</P>

This leaves RGIII as the next best option with a lot of upside and given the way Cam Newton played as a rookie and all the prognosticators saying RGIII is even better than Cam...makes you believe this kid is a sure bet top 10 NFL QB coming into 2012 as a rookie. You know Snyder is more than willing to throw all his draft picks at this player with a Brinks truck for good measure...</P>

Where do some of you stand on this issue and what makes you think, Washington may not get either? Does RGIII make the Skins a serious threat in the NFC East? Does it worry you?</P>

I gotta say, it bugs me a little</P>

Re: Do the options for the SKINS getting an upper echelon QB worry you as a Giant fan

RGIII is good kid with a lot of potential. I would rather see him go to a good team with a good system than the Skins. They'll ruin him.

I think the Browns would be a good spot for him. Shurmer and Holmgren provide a solid foundation, their OL is great and their D is on the rise. They're a team on the rise IMO.

Re: Do the options for the SKINS getting an upper echelon QB worry you as a Giant fan

if Washington gets a QB, they will absolutely be a contender

i think they hav a cap to get one of the money legit FA WRs too

Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

Mannings going to the Dolphins and RG3 will go to the Browns leaving the Redskins with Matt Flynn... calling it now

not too worried. if the skins get rg3, it'll mean that they gave up picks they will need to keep their team competitive.

shannahan is in a build the team through its depth mode, giving up a lot of picks sets them back.

it wasnt too long ago cambell was a highly touted qb who had a ton of upside and they ruined him.

imho, they have holes up and down that roster and adding rg3 wont make them a threat

Washington is going to have to give up a lot for a shot at RGIII. Cleveland is sitting in the perfect spot with a 4th and a 24th(somewhere in the 20's) with a shot.

Peyton's going to stay in the AFC and if he doesn't go to Miami, the Matt Flynn will go there, which pretty much rounds out the decent QB's in FA.

Washington's going to have to pay a nasty ransom for the #2 or have to get lucky in the draft.

Either way, I don't see a repeat of last year. They just had our number but I don't that happening again.

If they do get a top tier QB it is going to make our division that much harder.

I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? Come on man grow a set of balls!!! The better the division the better the Giants have to play and so on. Competition is better for every team in the NFL.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? Come on man grow a set of balls!!! The better the division the better the Giants have to play and so on. Competition is better for every team in the NFL.....[/quote]

because its a team you have to face 2 if not 3 times a year...

obviously any fan is worried about winning. And its easier to do that vs a team not as good
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

I don't think the Redskins will get Flynn or RG3. I predict they either reach for Tannehill or they get someone in round 2 like Foles or Cousins.