+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PEYTON COMING TO THE JETS WOULD BE "FUN": ELI

PEYTON COMING TO THE JETS WOULD BE "FUN": ELI

"Eli Manning thinks older brother Peyton coming to play for the Jets will be
    “fun.’’

Well, at least that’s what he thought last month, when Peyton was still with
    the Colts, before Wednesday’s not shocking but still stunning release from the
    only NFL team he’s ever known.

“Yeah, it’d be fun,” Eli said last month during a radio interview on 1050
    ESPN, responding light-heartedly to a question about how he’d feel about Peyton
    playing for the Jets. “We could probably commute to work and we’d come home and
    eat dinner together, have the kids be playing … We could share notes on
    opponents and watch some film together.’’

Growing a bit more serious, Eli added “I think it would be interesting to
    have your brother in the same city playing football together. I don’t think we
    would see each other that often because our schedules would be a whole lot
    different, probably just talk on the phone more than see each other during the
    season. It would be interesting. I’m not saying it’s going to happen or I want
    it to happen, but to have your brother that close to you and playing in New York
    would be very unique.”

This figures to be a very sobering day for Eli, who probably never envisioned
    the day when Peyton – an icon in Indianapolis - would be sent packing from the
    Colts. You have to think this turn of events prompts Eli to consider his own
    career and staying-power with the Giants. If you don’t think there ever could be
    an un-amicable parting of the ways, consider the case of Joe Namath, Joe
    Montana, Brett Favre and now Peyton Manning.

Eli has four years remaining on his contract, taking him through the 2015
    season, when he will be 35 years old – the same age Peyton is now. Eli’s deal
    will pay him $55.9 million in salary in those four years. Maybe he wins another
    Super Bowl or two and rides of into the sunset. Maybe he wants another contract,
    his performance is down and the Giants balk. Who knows? Just one month removed
    from a second Super Bowl MVP performance, Eli Manning is gold in New York,
    seemingly intertwined within the Giants very fabric. At the moment, he is. But,
    as Peyton now knows, very few golden situations last forever."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: PEYTON COMING TO THE JETS WOULD BE "FUN": ELI

I wouldn't be a fan of it. I think I speak for most Giants fans when I say that I enjoy the Jets failing every year and miring in mediocrity.

All-Pro

I think it would be kinda neat, and piss off Mark Sanchez. But I cant see Peyton going to the Jets. Not with how disfunctional they are and with Rex as the coach. Alos, he wont want to battle Brady and Belichick 2x a year for the division and a chance to win it all.

Im leaning Cardinals. Easier division to win. Larry Fitzgerald as a #1 WR. Nice place to live. Dome.

Or Dolphins. Sunny, warm, awesome weather, somewhat big city (even though as a sports city it is horrible, the Heat and Marlins have stepped up with big time FA pickups). But still with Pats in the division he may not do it.

What about the Saints? Brees is pissed? Trade him for a 1st, get Peyton to step in and run the show where his dad played.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueReign"]I wouldn't be a fan of it. I think I speak for most Giants fans when I say that I enjoy the Jets failing every year and miring in mediocrity.
    [/quote]

I'd rather that he be with the Jets than in the Giants division that's for sure. If it is a choice between the Jets and Skins, I sure hope it's the Jets. Keep in mind, how long would it be for 2 or 3 seasons at most? No big deal imo. Hey maybe we get Jets-Giants in the Super Bowlin 2014 at the Meadowlands Peyton vs Eli in what could be Peyton's final game of his career! How insane would that be!

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="BlueReign"]I wouldn't be a fan of it. I think I speak for most Giants fans when I say that I enjoy the Jets failing every year and miring in mediocrity.
    [/quote]

I'd rather that he be with the Jets than in the Giants division that's for sure. If it is a choice between the Jets and Skins, I sure hope it's the Jets. Keep in mind, how long would it be for 2 or 3 seasons at most? No big deal imo. Hey maybe we get Jets-Giants in the Super Bowlin 2014 at the Meadowlands Peyton vs Eli in what could be Peyton's final game of his career! How insane would that be!

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i agree with this! in fact i dont think Peyton will sign with a team in the same division as his brother.

Peyton didnt even want to talk to the press or discuss the game after their last victory against the Giants a coupla years ago.

i just think they have too much respect for each other and if they dont have to compete against each other especially twice a year, they wont!

All-Pro

yeah no thanks, it would consume the NY sports landscape ... nobody would even remember that we won the Super Bowl ... all NY Sports talk would be Peyton/Jets/Yankees ... ha, poor Rangers nobody would notice them either, not that i would feel bad asa Devs fan ... Linsanity would also be yesterday's news

Manning/Subway bowl!!! It wouldnt get any more epic than that!!!
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

I think Peyton's smart enough to avoid such an awful organisation.

It's only fitting. The Jets went for the big Favre move after we won the SB in 2007-2008.