+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who are your Top 3 FA (at the need positions) for the Gmen?

Considering the good balance and leadership present, the Giants are very fortunate to only need veteran help at the OL, WR, TE and MLB positions.

I think that this year's TE FA class is absolutely horrible, and none of them worth top market value. So I would leave it for the draft to address that need.

At MLB: I would like to see the team draft a player in the first day, but I would also sign one of the following: Tullock, McClain or Hawthorne.

At TE, the situation is not good. I would take a healthy Ballard over all of the other FAs. And drafting at the 32 spot, it looks like trading for one may not be a bad idea. A trade is always unlikely in the NFL, so I will have to say that I would like a TE for the first day of the draft. But if we were to bring a FA to replace Beckum, then I would like to see us bring one of: Carlson, Shiancoe, Bennett.

At WR, the need to replace Manningham with a more powerful individual is tempting, and if the team was to consider bringing him back for a much higher price, they may as well sign someone who is worth such amount of money. I like any of: Jackson, Lloyd, Colston, but Garcon is also an intriguing choice.

Lastly, at OL, I am for getting that RT who will make me forget of McKenzie. I liked the young McKenzie, but the old man really became a liability. I think that an early draft pick, or a trade would be great to fill the position, but when it comes to the FA market, it looks like the only OT that catches my eye is Gaither from the Chargers. But if we were to sign a guard, I would like to see any of: Nicks, Grubbs or Mathis.

Anyhow, there is a bit of food for thought. What do you think?

Re: Who are your Top 3 FA (at the need positions) for the Gmen?

[quote user="Bohemian"]Considering the good balance and leadership present, the Giants are very fortunate to only need veteran help at the OL, WR, TE and MLB positions.

I think that this year's TE FA class is absolutely horrible, and none of them worth top market value. So I would leave it for the draft to address that need.

At MLB: I would like to see the team draft a player in the first day, but I would also sign one of the following: Tullock, McClain or Hawthorne.

At TE, the situation is not good.* I would take a healthy Ballard over all of the other FAs.* And drafting at the 32 spot, it looks like trading for one may not be a bad idea.* A trade is always unlikely in the NFL, so I will have to say that I would like a TE for the first day of the draft.* But if we were to bring a FA to replace Beckum, then I would like to see us bring one of: Carlson, Shiancoe, Bennett.

At WR, the need to replace Manningham with a more powerful individual is tempting, and if the team was to consider bringing him back for a much higher price, they may as well sign someone who is worth such amount of money.* I like any of: Jackson, Lloyd, Colston, but Garcon is also an intriguing choice.

Lastly, at OL, I am for getting that RT who will make me forget of McKenzie.* I liked the young McKenzie, but the old man really became a liability.* I think that an early draft pick, or a trade would be great to fill the position, but when it comes to the FA market, it looks like the only OT that catches my eye is Gaither from the Chargers.* But if we were to sign a guard, I would like to see any of: Nicks, Grubbs or Mathis.

Anyhow, there is a bit of food for thought.* What do you think?
    [/quote]
    Can't afford anyone that you mentioned.

joel dressen is th eonly TE that big blue should have interest in.

also look at some OL. other then that focus on the draft.

The better question would be who are the top 3 FA we will lose

It doesnt matter because we cant afford them but Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs are at the top of the list.Saints better hold onto Nicks,Being a shorter QB I think he benefits very much from having the best guard tandem in the NFL.They keep his throwing lanes clean

how about the backup dalls TE bennett..good potential and not too expensive..do you think mckenzie mite go back to the jets for their RT

To be fair, the TE's listed are not "breaking the bank" type of acquisitions.

Guys like Carl Nicks, Mario Williams, and Vincent Jackson are.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]To be fair, the TE's listed are not "breaking the bank" type of acquisitions.

Guys like Carl Nicks, Mario Williams, and Vincent Jackson are.[/quote]
    i wouldn't mind bennett or Shiancoe.

wr-smith or plax...prefer smith. most cost effecient, knows the offense, succeeded at the highest levels in this offense, was brilliant with eli.

te-draft fleener, sign bennet

db-keep it in house, resign t2, draft a corner where its bpa

ol-keep it in house, we have the lineup already on contract.
    beatty boothe bass snee brewer....backups petrus other couple guys and add one thru draft

realistically, i only think we need to add a wr, smith, and a te, fleener/bennett.

we got the rest on roster or our own FA's to sign. dont need to go thru other teams FA's

I personally would prefer Shiancoe or Dreessen over Bennet myself since he seems to have motivation issues and hasn't really reached his potential because of that. If we were to pick up a FA TE, I'd want someone solid instead.

As for the draft, there's many options we could go ala Fleener, Allen, or someone else but I think Ladarius Thomas could be a Reese type of pick due to his huge upside and physical abilities.