+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sean spence & Lavonte David

Why haven't these guys got more hype around these parts?
    I think they'll both be beasts in the league,they both seem like early/mid 2nds both I'd assume gone by our 2nd rounder....

Spence 5'11 231 & David 6'1 233, not the ideal 6'2+ but I don't see it as a huge deal, others have overcame the size issue and became monsters....both could use a few lbs putting them in the 235-240 range, but that's not the hard part.....

Finding a 3 down fast,athletic LB is something we could definitely use....

Re: Sean spence & Lavonte David

I Don't know because if you think about it a lot of these players coming back next year because Goff, also bring blackburn back and the rookies with Mathias as well. Goff and Blackburn will sign low contracts because they won't go any where else and make big bucks so why not stay here in N.Y.

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]I Don't know because if you think about it a lot of these players coming back next year because Goff, also bring blackburn back and the rookies with Mathias as well. Goff and Blackburn will sign low contracts because they won't go any where else and make big bucks so why not stay here in N.Y.[/quote] goff is a average LB that everyone was waiting to break out & then got hurt.....Kiwi is a DE.....Williams & boley, no complaints...
    Being realistic,Jones, Sintim, herzlich,paysinger all have to earn their spots, none of these guys have done anything to be put in that category like bringing in competition is not necessary....
    And Blackburn still has to prove hes worth a spot & not just a guy that filled in a few games...

It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger

[quote user="Neverend"]It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger[/quote] 6'1 isn't that bad, he's 233, if he were 235-240, as crazy it sounds he'd get more respect....lol it's a mental thing

[quote user="Neverend"]It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger[/quote] 6'1 isn't that bad, he's 233, if he were 235-240, as crazy it sounds he'd get more respect....lol it's a mental thing

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Neverend"]It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger[/quote] 6'1 isn't that bad, he's 233, if he were 235-240, as crazy it sounds he'd get more respect....lol it's a mental thing[/quote]

Yeah, came to the combine bigger than expected.

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Neverend"]It's such a shame the likes of Hightower and burfict get a lot more attention than Lavonte david. IMO hes right up there with those guys, if not better. In my view the best LB (3-4 excluded) in this draft if he were bigger[/quote] 6'1 isn't that bad, he's 233, if he were 235-240, as crazy it sounds he'd get more respect....lol it's a mental thing[/quote]

Yeah, came to the combine bigger than expected.[/quote]

I agree David is a missle. Also he's from the same community college as jpp and jaquian Williams. That team must a been something else defensivley.

I like Spence, but I think his size is an issue. At the senior bowl people marveled at how ripped he was, but they also said if they didnt know better they would have thought he was a defensive back. I think his 12 bench reps support the thought that maybe he lacks the strength needed to play inside. Since he is 5'11 he will have an issue playing outside because teams would love to have him over a TE.

I loved watching him vs FSU this year as both he and Nigel Bradham showed their wares in that game.

But his size/strength is an issue.

[quote user="myles2424"]Why haven't these guys got more hype around these parts?
    I think they'll both be beasts in the league,they both seem like early/mid 2nds both I'd assume gone by our 2nd rounder....

Spence 5'11 231 & David 6'1 233, not the ideal 6'2+ but I don't see it as a huge deal, others have overcame the size issue and became monsters....both could use a few lbs putting them in the 235-240 range, but that's not the hard part.....

Finding a 3 down fast,athletic LB is something we could definitely use....[/quote]

The problem is that all of our linebackers outside of Blackburn and Goff are outside linebackers like these guys.

We need a thumper who can shed blocks in the middle.