+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is bugging me about Peyton Manning

This is a team releasing a player but ESPN and likely other sources are making sound like he died or retired!</P>

Peyton is one of my favorite players in the NFL, ever....regardless of my devotion to the Giants. It is hardly over....HARDLY...He will have many choices to make for the 2nd half of his career.</P>

I wish they wouldn't put such a funeral-like twist on this story, which as I said, happens all the time!</P>

</P>

Re: What is bugging me about Peyton Manning

Well it is a bit sad, I suppose - the coverage isn't surprising. It's the end of an era.
    Peyton became one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time with the Colts, and seeing him in another jersey was unfathomable before last season. He was supposed to retire there.

And besides, with Tebowmania on hiatus, ESPN needs something to fill in the blanks.

I found that conference with Peyton and Irsay really hard to watch. You can tell how much that Peyton loves that organization and wishes that it wasn't over in Indianapolis.

The part I found intriguing and awesome on Irsay's part was that he admitted the current Colts team wasn't good enough for Peyton and that was a part of the reason he wanted to move on.

Legacies that extend far beyond the game and into the fabric of the cities in which they play in are tremendous in sports. Peyton was football in Indianapolis, a town which had no real pigskin history.

This notion is even rarer in an age of huge contracts and free agency moves. Just look how guys are jumping ship in the other major sports.

I blubbered through the entire press conference. That was on the gut wrenching side to watch. Man, he handled it with grace though. I've not seen that kind of class from anyone else choosing to leave or being asked to leave before they were ready for retirement.

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]I blubbered through the entire press conference. That was on the gut wrenching side to watch. Man, he handled it with grace though. I've not seen that kind of class from anyone else choosing to leave or being asked to leave before they were ready for retirement.[/quote]

I didn't think Irsay was going to be able to finish
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

If you watched the Q&amp;A, Peyton gets most choked up when he mentions the equipment guys. Can't even get the words out.

Peyton Manning = class personified...

Irsay's a dumb nuts

Hope their boy Luck pans out, but somehow I see the Texans and Titans having a say on that.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

You have to move on eventually, and what better time when you have the #1 draft pick and the best prospect possibly ever to come out of college?

Irsay isn't an idiot. He's a man who is able to separate business and friendship, and kudos to him.

You need to remain competitive in this league.