+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

McKenzie told to GO SHOP YOURSELF!!

Kareem McKenzie - T - Giants
    The Giants recently informed free agent RT Kareem McKenzie that he is not part of the team's 2012 plans.
    Citing a team source, the Bergen Record reports that the Giants, specifically, told McKenzie to "go shopping." The G-Men are high on 2011 fourth-round pick James Brewer, who could compete for the right tackle job. Another option is moving LG David Diehl. McKenzie turns 33 in May. He's missed just four starts since the 2006 season, however, and should find a taker in free agency.

per rotoworld Bergan Record

Re: McKenzie told to GO SHOP YOURSELF!!

eh, i doubt it was done as classless as the article leads on. i mean the entire giants nation knew this was coming, and I'm sure KMac did as well...no need to verbally put it this way

i mean of course he should see if other teams are interested, but it'd be nice to hear of the giants saying they'd offer him some sort of FO gig. I dunno I just have a soft spot for KMac, guy was a great team first guy, and he DOMINATED for several seasons. He never really got the league wide credit he earned, he was arguably one of the best RT's in the NFL for several years.

He graded out as the best RT in all of pro football 2010, and prior to that season, he was a main staple of our OL and run game. For years, our run game was at its best off the edge on his side...I don't know if he ever made a Pro Bowl, if he didn't, he was robbed.

Hopefully the Giants and the fans show him how much he meant to us. Maybe if he doesn't garnish any interest, we could re-sign him for league minimum as depth. Who knows, maybe that'd spark the fire he needs to get back atop his game...

The time is right. We need to upgrade RT.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

[quote user="giantsfan420"]eh, i doubt it was done as classless as the article leads on. i mean the entire giants nation knew this was coming, and I'm sure KMac did as well...no need to verbally put it this way i mean of course he should see if other teams are interested, but it'd be nice to hear of the giants saying they'd offer him some sort of FO gig. I dunno I just have a soft spot for KMac, guy was a great team first guy, and he DOMINATED for several seasons. He never really got the league wide credit he earned, he was arguably one of the best RT's in the NFL for several years. He graded out as the best RT in all of pro football 2010, and prior to that season, he was a main staple of our OL and run game. For years, our run game was at its best off the edge on his side...I don't know if he ever made a Pro Bowl, if he didn't, he was robbed. Hopefully the Giants and the fans show him how much he meant to us. Maybe if he doesn't garnish any interest, we could re-sign him for league minimum as depth. Who knows, maybe that'd spark the fire he needs to get back atop his game...[/quote]

I'm sure those words were said, but not as crassly as being advertised. Letting people go, especially those that are no longer performing at the high level they used to, is always a difficult task. Hopefully, KMac can put in another couple good years somewhere else.

Thus begins the Brewer era.

We all know it's time to bust up the line, I'm sure KMac knew it when they sent O'Hara and Seubert home.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro

Kmac was horrible this season, bit its not like anyone else played great on the oline. Beatty was looking good before he went down. If he can come back and Brewer be our RT, is be very pleased. I also don't hate the idea of Boothe as the LG going forward and saving $ on Diehl.

McKenzie is strange he had a up and down year but last year was very solid. He seems to comeback after a poor year and play well
    The Gigalo with the most below

[quote user="Martyr"]McKenzie is strange he had a up and down year but last year was very solid. He seems to comeback after a poor year and play well[/quote]

Chances of a comeback year at the age of 33 are a longshot. Hopefully Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State is available at the end of the first round.