+ Reply to Thread

GIANTS HIRE LSU ASSISTANT LUNDA WELLS AS OFFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL COACH, REPORT SAYS

GIANTS HIRE LSU ASSISTANT LUNDA WELLS AS OFFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL COACH, REPORT SAYS

"A few early-evening things to fill you in on:

--The Giants have hired LSU assistant coach Lunda Wells as offensive quality
    control coach, FootballScoop.com is
    reporting
    . Wells was an assistant to the head coach for the Tigers and an
    assistant special teams coach, so that's a nice bump for him. He replaces Kevin
    M. Gilbride, who was bumped up to wide receivers coach to replace Sean Ryan, who
    was bumped up to quarterbacks coach to replace Mike Sullivan, who left for the
    Buccaneers and who was an Army Ranger who must've at some point met a Marine who
    knows somebody else who knows somebody else who consulted on "A Few Good Men"
    starring ... Kevin Bacon.

It's possible Tom Coughlin learned of Wells through Thomas McGaughey, the
    former Giants assistant special teams coach who is now with LSU.

--That leaves one more coaching spot to fill: assistant offensive line.
    Indications are Coughlin wants to make a hire very soon, so we'll see if one
    of the names that have surfaced
    will be the lucky winner.

--The Record is reporting the Giants have told free-agent OT Kareem McKenzie
    to "go
    shopping" for another team
    . McKenzie, who turns 33 in May, just finished a
    seven-year, $37.5-million deal he signed before the 2005 season. The Trenton
    native has been a reliable player for the Giants but the team needs to slash
    salary here and there, so it's not a surprise they won't be re-signing
    McKenzie.

That leaves David Diehl and this past year's fourth-round pick James Brewer
    as options to replace McKenzie. If I had to make a call at this point, I'd say
    Diehl would make the most sense but keep an eye on Brewer. The team likes his
    upside very much."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: GIANTS HIRE LSU ASSISTANT LUNDA WELLS AS OFFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL COACH, REPORT SAYS

Would be great if he brings some LSU players with him to NY.

Veteran

Re: GIANTS HIRE LSU ASSISTANT LUNDA WELLS AS OFFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL COACH, REPORT SAYS

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Would be great if he brings some LSU players with him to NY.[/quote]Except for that "honey badger" character. I really don't care that he don't give a ****.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Would be great if he brings some LSU players with him to NY.[/quote]Except for that "honey badger" character. I really don't care that he don't give a ****.
    [/quote]

I think we're safe there. Pygmies don't really have a place in the Giants secondary.