+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Justin Tuck vs Tamba Hali

my friend(who is a chiefs fan) and I are arguing about who the better player is. Can u guys just post a what u guys think? he doesn't listen to anything i say.....

Re: Justin Tuck vs Tamba Hali

he is a very able pass rusher who is very quick off the edge but also has a lot of power.

but tuck is a complete 4-3 de. he's as good vs the run as he is vs the pass and thats saying something bc tuck is an excellent pass rusher.

i'd say to your friend that they are very comparable pass rushers, but tuck is the better run defender and thats not even debatable.

both are excellent at their jobs tho and just bc he feels his guy is better doesnt mean u shouldnt feel tuck is better. its subjective. i dont know if u could prove tucks the better player, although tuck has been the more consistent player for some time where hali has had his success really for only a couple seasons.

and of course tuck was central to our teams SB victories and on the biggest stage he played lights out.

where hali hasn't been enough to get the chiefs to the promised land, although we have eli and they, well they don't. but u could also use our d's success vs NE and compare it to KC vs NE and how they get blown out vs NE's offense...

If I had a choice at one of them, Tamba Hali no question.

Tuck has his fair share of injury concerns, Hali is one of the most underrated pass rushers in the league and Tuck always seems to get hurt, every game. I love Tuck, and he used to (2008) be my favorite player on the team, but I really don't like his body language sometimes -- it is almost lackadaisical.

Hali is a better pass rusher, Tuck a better run defender.

But they dont even play the same position. Hali when they switched to a 3-4 dropped down to like 250 pounds, where Tuck is playing at 275 or so.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Hali is a better pass rusher, Tuck a better run defender.

But they dont even play the same position. Hali when they switched to a 3-4 dropped down to like 250 pounds, where Tuck is playing at 275 or so.[/quote]Yeah this is true too.

FO: Well, playing in the NFC East you see a lot of those pass rushers. Guys like DeMarcus Ware, Brian Orakpo, and Trent Cole are all known as big time pass rushers. Is there anyone you've played against in the past couple of years that may not get a lot of national media attention, but is someone you think probably deserves more recognition?
    Diehl: Well, there's a lot of great players in this league. They're in the NFL for a reason after all. But one guy that sticks out is Tamba Hali in Kansas City. This year he's starting to get a little more recognition because the Chiefs are playing better, but he's been putting up sacks on people for a while now. He's one guy that to me is really underrated.
    And heres something I dug up from last year. http://footballoutsiders.com/ramblin...ew-david-diehl

Oh, and side note, isn't David Diehl just exceptionally good on TV? The guy is a natural, great talker, poise and just overall very good on camera. The man is set after football.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Oh, and side note, isn't David Diehl just exceptionally good on TV? The guy is a natural, great talker, poise and just overall very good on camera. The man is set after football.[/quote]

I agree, I feel like NFL network will look to hire him when his career is over.

Starter

His Sirius radio show is pretty good too.

Veteran

I'm sure a giants message board will give you a fair unbiased comparison of the two