+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greg Childs...

Greg Childs...

Great proday.....
    6'3 219....4.39....40.5 vertical...10-1/8 hands...

I know who he is,but haven't seen much of him.....

What's the scoop

Re: Greg Childs...

Was arguably 1st round talent

has major injury concerns though. but has great ball skills in the air like blackmon and floyd. im not aware of that speed though as it doesn't jump off at tape

what the hell is up with all these big bodied receivers running so fast this year? and a guy like wright who clearly plays at a high 4.3/low 4.4 on film just completely bombs it

[quote user="Neverend"]Was arguably 1st round talent

has major injury concerns though. but has great ball skills in the air like blackmon and floyd. im not aware of that speed though as it doesn't jump off at tape

what the hell is up with all these big bodied receivers running so fast this year? and a guy like wright who clearly plays at a high 4.3/low 4.4 on film just completely bombs it[/quote]
    Lol yea I know....but honestly give me the guy with great game speed who blows it in the 40, rather than a guy slow on tape & kills it at the combine....

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Neverend"]Was arguably 1st round talent

what the hell is up with all these big bodied receivers running so fast this year? and a guy like wright who clearly plays at a high 4.3/low 4.4 on film just completely bombs it[/quote]
    Lol yea I know....but honestly give me the guy with great game speed who blows it in the 40, rather than a guy slow on tape & kills it at the combine....[/quote]

People see a guy's 40 time and think "thats what he is, a 4.6 guy." The fact is a 4.4 guy could EASILY run a 4.6 because of a half mistep in his start. Thats how small a difference it is. It is very easy for a fast guy to have a bad 40 time, but its almost impossible for a slow guy to have a good 1.

I also have to beg people every year to take pro day results with a small grain of salt. They are hand timed, which allows for a BIG variance. Furthermore, many time schools that have a vested interest in the player's being drafted higher are often the ones setting them up(although this practice is changing.)

I know for a fact in the 90's some programs did some tricky little things to help their guys out. Penn state's use of tunnel winds in Holuba hall are legendary, and my alma matter FSU were known for some slick tactics come pro days as well, people may remember the hubub about Charlie Wards pro day. I know there were also rumors about Bama. Those are just the ones I heard about back then. I am sure the practices were more widespread than that.

Nowadays the scouts do more of the setup, or at least have guys who see it done. But, I still find it interesting that almost everyone improves on their 40 time from the combine, despite the combine being run on a state of the art, legendarily fast surface in Indy with no winds.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Neverend"]Was arguably 1st round talent has major injury concerns though. but has great ball skills in the air like blackmon and floyd. im not aware of that speed though as it doesn't jump off at tape what the hell is up with all these big bodied receivers running so fast this year? and a guy like wright who clearly plays at a high 4.3/low 4.4 on film just completely bombs it[/quote] Lol yea I know....but honestly give me the guy with great game speed who blows it in the 40, rather than a guy slow on tape & kills it at the combine....[/quote]

People see a guy's 40 time and think "thats what he is, a 4.6 guy." The fact is a 4.4 guy could EASILY run a 4.6 because of a half mistep in his start. Thats how small a difference it is. It is very easy for a fast guy to have a bad 40 time, but its almost impossible for a slow guy to have a good 1.

I also have to beg people every year to take pro day results with a small grain of salt. They are hand timed, which allows for a BIG variance. Furthermore, many time schools that have a vested interest in the player's being drafted higher are often the ones setting them up(although this practice is changing.)

I know for a fact in the 90's some programs did some tricky little things to help their guys out. Penn state's use of tunnel winds in Holuba hall are legendary, and my alma matter FSU were known for some slick tactics come pro days as well, people may remember the hubub about Charlie Wards pro day. I know there were also rumors about Bama. Those are just the ones I heard about back then. I am sure the practices were more widespread than that.

Nowadays the scouts do more of the setup, or at least have guys who see it done. But, I still find it interesting that almost everyone improves on their 40 time from the combine, despite the combine being run on a state of the art, legendarily fast surface in Indy with no winds.

[/quote] With Childs though, u gotta take into consideration that Joe Adams Proday 40time was 4.55, which is dreadful for what you think of when thinking of Adams.. So, Childs could of very well had a 4.41 as advertised..

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Neverend"]Was arguably 1st round talent

Lol yea I know....but honestly give me the guy with great game speed who blows it in the 40, rather than a guy slow on tape & kills it at the combine....[/quote]

I also have to beg people every year to take pro day results with a small grain of salt. They are hand timed, which allows for a BIG variance.* Furthermore, many time schools that have a vested interest in the player's being drafted higher are often the ones setting them up(although this practice is changing.)

[/quote]
    Speaking of misstep did any of u see Vick Ballard totally bite it running the 40.

[link]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/972131/vick2.gif [/link]

[quote user="myles2424"]Great proday.....
    6'3 219....4.39....40.5 vertical...10-1/8 hands...

I know who he is,but haven't seen much of him.....

What's the scoop[/quote]I did this 1 from 2010, destroying Neiko Thorpe. I forget how good he is when healthy

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMqkRqH3nU[/link]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="myles2424"]Great proday..... 6'3 219....4.39....40.5 vertical...10-1/8 hands... I know who he is,but haven't seen much of him..... What's the scoop[/quote]I did this 1 from 2010, destroying Neiko Thorpe. I forget how good he is when healthy [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMqkRqH3nU[/link][/quote] ya, childs showed some real burst on some of those slants and quick outs... I also liked how he came ot the ball on that one catch as the announcer mentioned.. I like me some Greg Childs...

+ Reply to Thread