+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT

Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT According to Pro Football Focus . Only posting this because of who is on the bottom are old friend Barry Coefield.

[link]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/[/link]

Coefield finished 46th out of the 47 DT's that qualified.

Re: Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT

And Reese wins again.

All-Pro

Reese has been doing such a good job. That is why I'm not so worried about when guys leave. I trust Reese can draft guys to replace them.

I thought he had a nice year and we did not miss Coefield at all.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT According to Pro Football Focus . Only posting this because of who is on the bottom are old friend Barry Coefield. [link]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/[/link] Coefield finished 46th out of the 47 DT's that qualified.[/quote] As a huge Linval guy coming out of college, its no surprise to me to see him do what hes done all ready, and to be honest, i expect him to make a few more plays a yr on the QB and getting RB's in the backfield going forward.. At E.Carolina, he not only clogged lanes, but was quite nimble for a big man and made plays... I expect him to make more of those kinda plays with the EXP hes now gained...

I knew Raji was bad, but didn't know he was that bad this year. He's nothing without Cullen.

I still give Cofield a break since he's learning to play the nose in a new system.

If we can get Austin in the rotation our defensive line will be even better.

I can't imagine if we had a healthy Austin, Osi and Tuck all year.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

I think that if ANYONE could hold-out and win on the Giants, it's Linval Joseph (and Eli). We have NOBODY who can physically do what he does.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT According to Pro Football Focus . Only posting this because of who is on the bottom are old friend Barry Coefield. [link]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/[/link] Coefield finished 46th out of the 47 DT's that qualified.[/quote]* As a huge Linval guy coming out of college, its no surprise to me to see him do what hes done all ready, and to be honest, i expect him to make a few more plays a yr on the QB and getting RB's in the backfield going forward.. At E.Carolina, he not only clogged lanes, but was quite nimble for a big man and made plays... I expect him to make more of those kinda plays with the EXP hes now gained...[/quote] Think he will become a Star next year. Fans around the NFL will learn his name

Way to go Linval. Glad his play is being noticed against the run. Guy will be a real good d-tackle for many years.

Without looking at the list I knew Brodrick Bunkley was going to be high on the list; I thought the Eagles made a huge mistake letting him go last season. Guy was a big reason we could never run up the middle on the Eagles.

Giants fan since the early 80s