+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT

Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT According to Pro Football Focus . Only posting this because of who is on the bottom are old friend Barry Coefield.

[link]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/[/link]

Coefield finished 46th out of the 47 DT's that qualified.

Re: Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT

And Reese wins again.

All-Pro

Reese has been doing such a good job. That is why I'm not so worried about when guys leave. I trust Reese can draft guys to replace them.

I thought he had a nice year and we did not miss Coefield at all.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT According to Pro Football Focus . Only posting this because of who is on the bottom are old friend Barry Coefield. [link]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/[/link] Coefield finished 46th out of the 47 DT's that qualified.[/quote] As a huge Linval guy coming out of college, its no surprise to me to see him do what hes done all ready, and to be honest, i expect him to make a few more plays a yr on the QB and getting RB's in the backfield going forward.. At E.Carolina, he not only clogged lanes, but was quite nimble for a big man and made plays... I expect him to make more of those kinda plays with the EXP hes now gained...

I knew Raji was bad, but didn't know he was that bad this year. He's nothing without Cullen.

I still give Cofield a break since he's learning to play the nose in a new system.

If we can get Austin in the rotation our defensive line will be even better.

I can't imagine if we had a healthy Austin, Osi and Tuck all year.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

I think that if ANYONE could hold-out and win on the Giants, it's Linval Joseph (and Eli). We have NOBODY who can physically do what he does.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Linval Joesph 5th best run defender at DT According to Pro Football Focus . Only posting this because of who is on the bottom are old friend Barry Coefield. [link]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/08/2011-run-stop-percentage-interior-defensive-linemen/[/link] Coefield finished 46th out of the 47 DT's that qualified.[/quote]* As a huge Linval guy coming out of college, its no surprise to me to see him do what hes done all ready, and to be honest, i expect him to make a few more plays a yr on the QB and getting RB's in the backfield going forward.. At E.Carolina, he not only clogged lanes, but was quite nimble for a big man and made plays... I expect him to make more of those kinda plays with the EXP hes now gained...[/quote] Think he will become a Star next year. Fans around the NFL will learn his name

Way to go Linval. Glad his play is being noticed against the run. Guy will be a real good d-tackle for many years.

Without looking at the list I knew Brodrick Bunkley was going to be high on the list; I thought the Eagles made a huge mistake letting him go last season. Guy was a big reason we could never run up the middle on the Eagles.

Giants fan since the early 80s