+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players u think the GIANTS will show interest in and/or pick??

Players u think the GIANTS will show interest in and/or pick??

Every yr theres guys that remind me of Reese/Giant type players or prospects, and more often then not, one or 2 or more of those guys end up garnering interest leading up to the draft and sometimes get picked by them as well.. Adrien Tracy and Linval Joseph are a couple that come to mind off the top of my head... Anyhow, here are a few players that remind me of Reese guys or Giants type guys in general...

Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St- This guy totally reminds me of a GIANT type prospect, especially if he somehow fell to the last pick of RD 2(he won't), and i woulden't even be shocked if the GIANTS were really interested with last pick of RD 1.. Of course really being interested in a player isn't all it takes, as the GUYS gotta be on the board at the right time and what not, and we also gotta have not addressed the positon all ready in FA'cy or earlier in the draft..

Audie Cole LB Nc State- A guy who i think Reese will like, for his on field savy and awareness, and possibly value, depending on how far down Cole goes, i could see reese coveting the big bruising LB from NC STATE.. Just has a GIANT feel to him..

Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin- Zeitler reminds me alot of a Seubert/Diehl /O'hara type "hard nosed" , wheres his "hard hat" to work everyday olineman, who would fit well as the kinda lineman we've seen to covet in recent yrs.. I easily could see Zeitler as a Reese guy, possibly in RD 2... I at least can see us showing interest leading up to the draft..

Robert Turbin RB Utah St- Just has a feel of a guy Reese would covet, especially with the nice 40time at the combine, which just adds intrigue to his entire package, as a well built bruiser, who has the size to where down a defense, and u add in the speed to also go the distance, and i could see Reese really intrigued...

Stephon Gilmore CB S.Carolina- Fits the Giant CB mold to a Tee.. Good size, solid speed, and plays the run well... I bet u Reese is all ready drewling over this guy...

Re: Players u think the GIANTS will show interest in and/or pick??

What about the DE out of Illinois....Winston Mercelius ???

Donnie Fletcher CB/S Boston College - Has the height (6'1) and weight (195?) that the Giants covet from a defensive back and shows eagerness in the running game. Could be an excellent 5th to 7th round pick for the Giants.

Malik Jackson DE Tennessee - Shows versatility in playing along the D-line and could be a possible successor to Tuck in the future.

Some random kid from USF that we don't know - You know scouts are going to go down there after JPP and Jwill lol.

1) Lavonte David (LB) Nebraska
    2) Travis Lewis (LB) Oklahoma
    3) Rueben Randle (WR) LSU
    4) Donnie Fletcher (CB) Boston College
    5) David Wilson (RB) Virginia Tech
    6) Dwayne Allen (TE) Clemson
    7) Bobby Massie (OT) Ole Miss
    8) Harrison Smith (S) Notre Dame
    9) Coby Fleener (TE) Stanford
    10) Trumaine Johnson (CB) Montana
    11) Doug Martin (RB) Boise St.
    12) Nigel Bradham (LB) Florida State
    13) Stephon Gilmore (CB) South Carolina
    14) Mark Barron (S) Alabama
    15) Keenan Robinson (LB) Texas
    16) Isaiah Pead (RB) Cincy
    17) Mike Harris (CB) Florida State
    18) Tommy Streeter (WR) Miami
    19) Casey Hayward (CB) Vanderbilt
    20) Josh Robinson (CB) UCF

Welp, Marc Ross was at Clemson's proday, where Brandon Thompson did well.. Thompson is a guy i worry the Giants will like.. I think Thompson is a bum to be honest, and have him as one of my bigger busts of the draft.. Hopefully Ross was checking out Dwayne Allen and Andre Branch more so then Thompson, but Thompson fits the type of player i expect Reese and Co to like..

Thompson turning heads at Clemson Pro Day

Posted on: March 8, 2012 10:51 am

Edited on: March 8, 2012 2:55 pm

Brandon Thompson arrived at Clemson with potential. But not much strength.

As a true freshman, Thompson was asked to perform a strength test -- pushing up 225 pounds on the bench press. He completed 13, with some degree of strain to get there.

"His development strength-wise is incredible," said coach Dabo Swinney.

Thompson, a standout defensive tackle in the ACC, is considered a fringe first-round pick as he leaves Clemson four years later. In his most recent strength test at the Scouting Combine, he did 35 reps. He also had a 9-feet, 7-inch broad jump at 6-2, 315 pounds on Thursday before he posted an unofficial time of 5.0 and 5.12 in the 40-yard dash.

"He's a great football player, a great individual," Swinney said. "As a player -- you can't move him. He loves to practice. He does it the right way. He's going to have a great NFL career."

Clemson has had 25 players make NFL rosters since Swinney arrived. Defensive end Andre Branch and Thompson could be first-round picks in 2012.

Swinney said several teams have asked him about Branch's ability to play the traditional defensive end spot and if he could cover as an outside linebacker in 3-4 and 4-3 defenses.

Of the teams represented at Clemson's Thursday Pro Day, the New York Jets sent head coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

At least 29 NFL teams were accounted for, according to Clemson.

Marc Ross, the New York Giants' director of college scouting, was also in attendance.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Donnie Fletcher CB/S Boston College - Has the height (6'1) and weight (195?) that the Giants covet from a defensive back and shows eagerness in the running game. Could be an excellent 5th to 7th round pick for the Giants. Malik Jackson DE Tennessee - Shows versatility in playing along the D-line and could be a possible successor to Tuck in the future. Some random kid from USF that we don't know - You know scouts are going to go down there after JPP and Jwill lol.[/quote] Ya, i could see Reese showing interest in Donnie Fletcher as well, especially if he ends up being a great value in the RD 4-5 range...

yeah i can see the giants liking thompson. they apparently really liked jarvis jenkins last year who is pretty similar as a prospect and according mike mayock scouts felt like thompson was better than jenkins in 2010

Robert turbin please....

Andre Branch

Bench Player

[quote user="myles2424"]Robert turbin please....[/quote]

I like Turbin too...maybe in the 4th. Is his injury history (I think he had an ACL 2 years ago) a concern?

+ Reply to Thread