+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran

Re: Players u think the GIANTS will show interest in and/or pick??

stephen hill if he falls to late 1st past pats

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Considering we like size/speed/production, I think these are some players we would look at in various rounds:

At CB: Stephen Gilmore and Trumaine Johnson. Big, skilled and fast.

At LB: Tank Carder and Nigel Bradham. Both of these guys are underrated, productive and athletic.

At Safety: Ugh this is tough, I hate this safety class. Mark Baron and Markelle Martin are all there is to really like. George IIoka is and ok mid/late prospect to take a chance on because he is big enough to work against a TE, which is the new flavor in the NFL.

DT: So many options here. It is a strong class. Early, I like Worthy, Still and Cox, I just dont see them making it to 32. I think there is an outside chance Brockers will fall because of his disapointing combine and if he does, I think he we would be lucky to have him. I think Brandon Thompson is also a guy in the 2nd+ round we might consider because of good athleticism on top of high character/academics. Mike Martin is interesting because before the senior bowl he was considered a nose tackle only prospect, but having done so well all week in 1v1 drills and scrimmage, he is a guy that has to be on some 4-3 team's radar. I love his nasty.

DE: Chandler Jones. I really like Jones because he plays LDE and Tuck's injuries have mounted lately. When Tuck goes down we suffer a great deal because we dont have anyone else who is natural on that side. JPP was less productive there, Canty filled in some but wasnt a passrush threat from there. Tolly did well in passrush but suffered vs the run. Jones is a perfect fit for us and fits our mold of size/speed on defense to a tee. He could come in and spell Tuck in the rotation and help him avoid injury, and he could 1 day take over the position completely.

RB: I am floored by this RB class. As good as people say it is, it might still be underrated.Take your pick. Personally, I like Wilson, Martin,Pierce and Ballard more than where they are rated and I think all would fit nicely. Polk has worked himself back into my good graces too after showing up to the senior bowl out of shape he has lost 12 lbs and shown himself much better since.

TE: Fleener, Allen and Egnew are the 3 most obvious. Fleener and Allen for their respective skills, Egnew for is potential. I also see us having our eye on Rhett Ellison in the late rounds. Rhett is a versatile player from USC who played end line TE in 2010 and FB in 2011. He is a very good athlete and unselfish player.

OL: My guy all along was Glenn, but he is not gonna make it to us in round 1. In mid rounds I like Tony Bergstrom. He has the versatility to play different positions along the line, something we always covet and I like his fight.

WR: I do not see as much talent in this class as many. The top is nice, but I do not much like the mid/late round. 1 day 3 guy I do like is Greg Childs out of Arkansas. He is better than his numbers from this year indicate. He was coming off an injury.

QB: I could see us peeking at Pattrick Witt late in the draft. But, only a small chance.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Considering we like size/speed/production, I think these are some players we would look at in various rounds:

At LB: Tank Carder and Nigel Bradham. Both of these guys are underrated, productive and athletic.

At Safety: Ugh this is tough, I hate this safety class. Mark Baron and Markelle Martin are all there is to really like. George IIoka is and ok mid/late prospect to take a chance on because he is big enough to work against a TE, which is the new flavor in the NFL.

DT: So many options here. It is a strong class. Early, I like Worthy, Still and Cox, I just dont see them making it to 32. I think there is an outside chance Brockers will fall because of his disapointing combine and if he does, I think he we would be lucky to have him. I think Brandon Thompson is also a guy in the 2nd+ round we might consider because of good athleticism on top of high character/academics. Mike Martin is interesting because before the senior bowl he was considered a nose tackle only prospect, but having done so well all week in 1v1 drills and scrimmage, he is a guy that has to be on some 4-3 team's radar. I love his nasty.

DE: Chandler Jones. I really like Jones because he plays LDE and Tuck's injuries have mounted lately. When Tuck goes down we suffer a great deal because we dont have anyone else who is natural on that side. JPP was less productive there, Canty filled in some but wasnt a passrush threat from there. Tolly did well in passrush but suffered vs the run. Jones is a perfect fit for us and fits our mold of size/speed on defense to a tee. He could come in and spell Tuck in the rotation and help him avoid injury, and he could 1 day take over the position completely.

RB: I am floored by this RB class. As good as people say it is, it might still be underrated.Take your pick. Personally, I like Wilson, Martin,Pierce and Ballard more than where they are rated and I think all would fit nicely. Polk has worked himself back into my good graces too after showing up to the senior bowl out of shape he has lost 12 lbs and shown himself much better since.

TE: Fleener, Allen and Egnew are the 3 most obvious. Fleener and Allen for their respective skills, Egnew for is potential. I also see us having our eye on Rhett Ellison in the late rounds. Rhett is a versatile player from USC who played end line TE in 2010 and FB in 2011. He is a very good athlete and unselfish player.

OL: My guy all along was Glenn, but he is not gonna make it to us in round 1. In mid rounds I like Tony Bergstrom. He has the versatility to play different positions along the line, something we always covet and I like his fight.

WR: I do not see as much talent in this class as many. The top is nice, but I do not much like the mid/late round. 1 day 3 guy I do like is Greg Childs out of Arkansas. He is better than his numbers from this year indicate. He was coming off an injury.

QB: I could see us peeking at Pattrick Witt late in the draft. But, only a small chance.

[/quote] I obviously love alot of your players u mention, but are they all guys u think the GIANTS and or REESE will covet, or a mix of guys U like and guys GIANTS/REESE will covet?

I'm just curious to know what guys u think REESE/GIANTS will go for, based on past drafts, even if there guys u don't like... GIANTS type DRAFT picks if u will...

[quote user="myles2424"]Robert turbin please....[/quote]As i mentioned, Turbin is certainly a guy i could picture the GIANTS coveting, especially if hes there at end of RD 3/ End of RD 4.... Hes bigger, and has the speed to boot(a bonus), and can catch the ball... I think the giants will really value him as a DUO back with Bradshaw.. I think Bernard Pierce and Vick Ballard are a couple other backs the Giants will covet...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Considering we like size/speed/production, I think these are some players we would look at in various rounds:

[/quote] I obviously love alot of your players u mention, but are they all guys u think the GIANTS and or REESE will covet, or a mix of guys U like and guys GIANTS/REESE will covet?

I'm just curious to know what guys u think REESE/GIANTS will go for, based on past drafts, even if there guys u don't like... GIANTS type DRAFT picks if u will...

[/quote]

Obviously, I like them too. But I tried to pick guys that fit Reese's mold too as well as guys that fit a certain need that might be lacking from this team. There are definitely guys I liked i left off because I do not see them fitting in here. For example, I think the strength of the WR class(after round1) is in the slot reciever spot, but we dont need another slot guy. We have Cruz and JJ. We need an outside guy to replace MM.

You have me curious as to who on my list you dont think is a Reese type player. I can give my justifications for each if needed.

I will mention that I struggled to put Trumaine Johnson on my list. He has the size/speed we like but lacks the big school competition Reese also covets.

Ill mention a couple other reasonings for guys I had on my list:

Mike Martin. Many know Michigan used some 3-4 defense this year and Martin served as a nose tackle in that role, eating double teams. I am reminded of Jay Alford (only better) coming out of school and how he also played in some hybrid 3-4 at PSU. Reese commented that he likes guys who spend all year fighting off 2 blockers, because it helps them develope the disposition required to play DT. Mike Martin has that disposition in droves. He is nasty. At the senior bowl he showed that he is very hard to block with just 1 blocker. At the combine he showed the burst.

I know your not a Brandon Thompson fan, but I see some things to like. He is a very smart high character young man(Giants likey those guys) and he has a 1st step that often on film appears faster than Branch's. I also think offenses, especially running offenses spent WAY more time blocking him than they did everyone else on that defense. Lastly, I think Clemson's defensive coordinator should be lobotomized for misusing the talent he has had there in recent years. I do not understand his gameplan for half the teams he plays. Such a waste.

1 Rb I failed to mention as a guy we might like is Davin Megget. He is a guy I could see us liking because a) he is undervalued and a mid/late round. 2) very duable, never missed a game. 3) is a north-south back who can pick up the shot yardage situations we have been unable to in recent years. 4) seems high character. You ever watch a clip of him post game? He is all "it wasnt me, it was my oline" etc. Gotta love that.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I know your not a Brandon Thompson fan, but I see some things to like. He is a very smart high character young man(Giants likey those guys) and he has a 1st step that often on film appears faster than Branch's. I also think offenses, especially running offenses spent WAY more time blocking him than they did everyone else on that defense.[/quote]

I agree with this. Thompson probably has the most consistent get off explosion than any other DT in this class. I mean EVERY snap this guy brings it 100%. IMO if he can hone his craft and use that explosion with technique he can become one hell of a pass rusher. Watching his videos, it seems like he is just content with just destroying lineman on bull rushes. If he gets lower and develops some rip techniques to split gaps, he can become one of the best pass rushers this draft has to offer.

I think people need to give him more of a chance. He has a ton of untapped potential. And I think his stock is rising with a real good pro day

the giants basically have a high draft choice guy on their roster in marvin austin..thats like having a top pick already at DT..i dont think reese will go for another DT that early unless his grade is much higher than others at pick 32..i can see reese trading down

[quote user="alau53"]the giants basically have a high draft choice guy on their roster in marvin austin..thats like having a top pick already at DT..i dont think reese will go for another DT that early unless his grade is much higher than others at pick 32..i can see reese trading down[/quote]

I loved marvin as a pick last year, but you gotta remember, this kid hasnt played football since 2009. Furthermore, we definitely had depth issues along the Dl last year and this Dline class is very strong.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[/quote]

Obviously, I like them too. But I tried to pick guys that fit Reese's mold too as well as guys that fit a certain need that might be lacking from this team. There are definitely guys I liked i left off because I do not see them fitting in here. For example, I think the strength of the WR class(after round1) is in the slot reciever spot, but we dont need another slot guy. We have Cruz and JJ. We need an outside guy to replace MM.

You have me curious as to who on my list you dont think is a Reese type player. I can give my justifications for each if needed.

I will mention that I struggled to put Trumaine Johnson on my list. He has the size/speed we like but lacks the big school competition Reese also covets.

Mike Martin. Many know Michigan used some 3-4 defense this year and Martin served as a nose tackle in that role, eating double teams. I am reminded of Jay Alford (only better) coming out of school and how he also played in some hybrid 3-4 at PSU. Reese commented that he likes guys who spend all year fighting off 2 blockers, because it helps them develope the disposition required to play DT. Mike Martin has that disposition in droves. He is nasty. At the senior bowl he showed that he is very hard to block with just 1 blocker. At the combine he showed the burst.

I know your not a Brandon Thompson fan, but I see some things to like. He is a very smart high character young man(Giants likey those guys) and he has a 1st step that often on film appears faster than Branch's. I also think offenses, especially running offenses spent WAY more time blocking him than they did everyone else on that defense. Lastly, I think Clemson's defensive coordinator should be lobotomized for misusing the talent he has had there in recent years. I do not understand his gameplan for half the teams he plays. Such a waste.

1 Rb I failed to mention as a guy we might like is Davin Megget. He is a guy I could see us liking because a) he is undervalued and a mid/late round. 2) very duable, never missed a game. 3) is a north-south back who can pick up the shot yardage situations we have been unable to in recent years. 4) seems high character. You ever watch a clip of him post game? He is all "it wasnt me, it was my oline" etc. Gotta love that.
    [/quote] Ya, i tried to keep it just guys i could see the GIANTS and or REESE picking or liking... Sure, i like a few of em as well, but even if i didn't, i put them on there.. I'm not huge on Jerel Worthy, all though i woulden't be super bummed if we got em, but i could picture the GIANTS being into him, becasue of his untapped potential, based on not going 100pct all of the time.. I could see the giants thinking there coaches can get everything out of the kid, espeically when u got high motor guys like JPP areound em... But its cool, i was just curious is all.. Good call with C.Jones..

As far as Thompson, his burst is useless because he does nothing with it... Its not like Clemson was impossible to run on.. The guy did nothing in my opinion, that any DT would do that played as many snaps as him on Defense.. I'd much rather Jerel Worthy, just on the upside alone..

I guess Thompson looked pretty fatigued at his proday as well, according to Walt Football..

Defensive tackle Brandon Thompson ran well, notching a 1.77 10-yard split in his 40. However, he was fatigued in the drills, so you have to wonder how he's going to be in shape once he receives a signing bonus. Thompson will probably be chosen in the second round.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Ya, i tried to keep it just guys i could see the GIANTS and or REESE picking or liking... Sure, i like a few of em as well, but even if i didn't, i put them on there.. I'm not huge on Jerel Worthy, all though i woulden't be super bummed if we got em, but i could picture the GIANTS being into him, becasue of his untapped potential, based on not going 100pct all of the time.. I could see the giants thinking there coaches can get everything out of the kid, espeically when u got high motor guys like JPP areound em... But its cool, i was just curious is all.. Good call with C.Jones..

As far as Thompson, his burst is useless because he does nothing with it... Its not like Clemson was impossible to run on.. The guy did nothing in my opinion, that any DT would do that played as many snaps as him on Defense.. I'd much rather Jerel Worthy, just on the upside alone..

I guess Thompson looked pretty fatigued at his proday as well, according to Walt Football..

Defensive tackle Brandon Thompson ran well, notching a 1.77 10-yard split in his 40. However, he was fatigued in the drills, so you have to wonder how he's going to be in shape once he receives a signing bonus. Thompson will probably be chosen in the second round.

[/quote]

I absolutely agree Worthy over Thompson. Worthy is likely a mid/late 1st rounder with a chance of sliding into the early 2nd. Thompson is likely a mid 2nd rounder at best.

I am just not as poisoned on Thompson.