+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Players u think the GIANTS will show interest in and/or pick??

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][Ya, i tried to keep it just guys i could see the GIANTS and or REESE picking or liking... Sure, i like a few of em as well, but even if i didn't, i put them on there..* I'm not huge on Jerel Worthy, all though i woulden't be super bummed if we got em, but i could picture the GIANTS being into him, becasue of his untapped potential, based on not going 100pct all of the time.. I could see the giants thinking there coaches can get everything out of the kid, espeically when u got high motor guys like JPP areound em...** But its cool, i was just curious is all.. Good call with C.Jones..

As far as Thompson, his burst is useless because he does nothing with it...*** Its not like Clemson was impossible to run on.. The guy did nothing in my opinion, that any DT would do that played as many snaps as him on Defense..** I'd much rather Jerel Worthy, just on the upside alone..*

I guess Thompson looked pretty fatigued at his proday as well, according to Walt Football..

Defensive tackle Brandon Thompson ran well, notching a 1.77 10-yard split in his 40. However, he was fatigued in the drills, so you have to wonder how he's going to be in shape once he receives a signing bonus. Thompson will probably be chosen in the second round.

[/quote]

That's a fair argument. However, I'm a firm believer in that high motor/passion guys are high motor/high passion guys from their youth. JPP played with a great motor in college already. These guys who struggle to play motivated in college are a huge risk imo

But I guess in the end both worthy and thompson will probably amount to little in their careers. but id go with thompson because hes a hard worker and just needs some refinment on how to use that explosiveness into production. but i can see worthys case as well

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][Ya, i tried to keep it just guys i could see the GIANTS and or REESE picking or liking... Sure, i like a few of em as well, but even if i didn't, i put them on there.. I'm not huge on Jerel Worthy, all though i woulden't be super bummed if we got em, but i could picture the GIANTS being into him, becasue of his untapped potential, based on not going 100pct all of the time.. I could see the giants thinking there coaches can get everything out of the kid, espeically when u got high motor guys like JPP areound em... But its cool, i was just curious is all.. Good call with C.Jones..

As far as Thompson, his burst is useless because he does nothing with it... Its not like Clemson was impossible to run on.. The guy did nothing in my opinion, that any DT would do that played as many snaps as him on Defense.. I'd much rather Jerel Worthy, just on the upside alone..

I guess Thompson looked pretty fatigued at his proday as well, according to Walt Football..

Defensive tackle Brandon Thompson ran well, notching a 1.77 10-yard split in his 40. However, he was fatigued in the drills, so you have to wonder how he's going to be in shape once he receives a signing bonus. Thompson will probably be chosen in the second round.

[/quote] That's a fair argument. However, I'm a firm believer in that high motor/passion guys are high motor/high passion guys from their youth. JPP played with a great motor in college already. These guys who struggle to play motivated in college are a huge risk imo But I guess in the end both worthy and thompson will probably amount to little in their careers. but id go with thompson because hes a hard worker and just needs some refinment on how to use that explosiveness into production. but i can see worthys case as well[/quote] Ya, i just don't see Thompson being more then a rotational DT, at best... He reminds me of Mike Patterson, who has had a decent career, but i think we can find better... As for Worthy, the upside is there, and i think hes got a better chance of fulfilling his potential... To be honest, i'd rather wait on DT if we cant get Fletcher Cox or Devon Still, and go with a Jaye Howard in RD 4-5... Jaye Howard would fit nicely next to Linval Joseph, and give us that penetrating DT on Pass downs we could use....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Every yr theres guys that remind me of Reese/Giant type players or prospects, and more often then not, one or 2 or more of those guys end up garnering interest leading up to the draft and sometimes get picked by them as well.. Adrien Tracy and Linval Joseph are a couple that come to mind off the top of my head... Anyhow, here are a few players that remind me of Reese guys or Giants type guys in general...

Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St- This guy totally reminds me of a GIANT type prospect, especially if he somehow fell to the last pick of RD 2(he won't), and i woulden't even be shocked if the GIANTS were really interested with last pick of RD 1.. Of course really being interested in a player isn't all it takes, as the GUYS gotta be on the board at the right time and what not, and we also gotta have not addressed the positon all ready in FA'cy or earlier in the draft..

Audie Cole LB Nc State- A guy who i think Reese will like, for his on field savy and awareness, and possibly value, depending on how far down Cole goes, i could see reese coveting the big bruising LB from NC STATE.. Just has a GIANT feel to him..

Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin- Zeitler reminds me alot of a Seubert/Diehl /O'hara type "hard nosed" , wheres his "hard hat" to work everyday olineman, who would fit well as the kinda lineman we've seen to covet in recent yrs.. I easily could see Zeitler as a Reese guy, possibly in RD 2... I at least can see us showing interest leading up to the draft..

Robert Turbin RB Utah St- Just has a feel of a guy Reese would covet, especially with the nice 40time at the combine, which just adds intrigue to his entire package, as a well built bruiser, who has the size to where down a defense, and u add in the speed to also go the distance, and i could see Reese really intrigued...

Stephon Gilmore CB S.Carolina- Fits the Giant CB mold to a Tee.. Good size, solid speed, and plays the run well... I bet u Reese is all ready drewling over this guy...

[/quote] I'm gonna add TOM COMPTON OT S.DAKOTA ST to the list of players i think the GIANTS will show interest in and or pick in this yrs draft.. Its not a first few rds pick, but from RD 4 and on... Compton has the mesaurables and upside the giants covet at the positon, and could end up being a starter in the NFL.. Compton is a sleeper to a degree, all though i think hes done enough to be a RD 4-5 pick...

In a weak class of safety's, these 4 are the cream of the crop IMO. I'd be thrilled if they drafted one of these guys:

1) SS Mark Barron (most likely gone by 32), could plug n play right away w/ KP and AR in the big nickel
    2) SS Harrison Smith
    3) FS Markelle Martin
    4) FS Antonio Allen

Veteran

I think I'll break this up based on position (no particular order) *Note: Not including guys like DeCastro, Melvin Ingram, or Trent Richerdson who the Giants would doubtless be interested, but are incredibly unlikely to fall anywhere near 32. Mayhaps we can start an "Amukamara Rule" thread

Defense:
    DL:
    1) Nick Perry (DE)
    2) Whitney Mercilus (DE)
    3) Tyrone Crawford (SCREAMS Reese/Giants draft pick) (DE)
    4) Micheal Brockers (JPP at DT, after he loses some weight) (DT)
    5) Dontari Poe (DT)
    6) Fletcher Cox (DT)
    7) Devon Still (DT)
    8) Mike Martin (DT)
    6) Marcus Forston (although his injury history is worrisome)

LB:
    1) Luke Kuechly (MIKE)
    2) Mychal Kendricks (short for a Giants draft pick, but his EXPLOSIVE athleticism makes up for it) (MIKE)
    3) Travis Lewis (OLB)
    4) Audie Cole (OLB) (Like Crawford, he screams "Giant")

DB:
    1) Trumaine Johnson (CB)
    2) Stephen Gilmore (CB)
    3) Casey Hayward (CB)
    4) Mark Barron (S)
    5) George Illoka (S) (he would thrive as a "buffalo nickle" (yes, I just made that up, but it is now the name for the position. USE IT!) in Fewell's system)
    6) Harrison Smith (S)
    7)Markelle Martin (S)

Offense:
    OL:
    1) James Brown (G/RT)
    2) Marcel Jones (RT)
    3) Jonathan Martin (OT)
    4) Bobby Massie (OT)
    5) Amini Silatolu (G)
    6) Kelechi Osemele (G/RT)
    7) Kevin Zietler (G)
    8) Cordy Glenn (G/RT)

WR:
    1) Stephen Hill
    2) Alshon Jeffery (depending on interviews)
    3) Micheal Floyd
    4) Marvin McNutt
    5) Tommy Streeter

TE:
    1) Coby Fleener
    2) LaDarius Green
    3) Dwayne Allen
    4) George Bryan
    5) Micheal Egnew\

RB:
    1) Doug Martin
    2) Llamar Miller
    3) Robert Turbin
    4) Davin Meggit (Past-Giant connection)
    5) Darrell Scott (USF Rule)

The Giants have looked at the following people:

1) Coby Fleener (TE) (Mike Pope was at his Pro Day)

2) Mohamed Sanu (WR) (worked out for the Giants)

3) Jewel Hampton (RB) (projected UDFA)
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]The Giants have looked at the following people: 1) Coby Fleener (TE) (Mike Pope was at his Pro Day) 2) Mohamed Sanu (WR) (worked out for the Giants) 3) Jewel Hampton (RB) (projected UDFA)[/quote] Omar Bolden is visiting the giants as well.. Hes the big CB from Arz St...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Kruunch"]The Giants have looked at the following people: 1) Coby Fleener (TE) (Mike Pope was at his Pro Day) 2) Mohamed Sanu (WR) (worked out for the Giants) 3) Jewel Hampton (RB) (projected UDFA)[/quote] Omar Bolden is visiting the giants as well.. Hes the big CB from Arz St...[/quote]

You mean small CB from Arizona St?

Omar Bolden is 5'10".
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Kruunch"]The Giants have looked at the following people: 1) Coby Fleener (TE) (Mike Pope was at his Pro Day) 2) Mohamed Sanu (WR) (worked out for the Giants) 3) Jewel Hampton (RB) (projected UDFA)[/quote] Omar Bolden is visiting the giants as well.. Hes the big CB from Arz St...[/quote]

Think we met with Reuben randle and Stephen hill too right?

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Kruunch"]The Giants have looked at the following people: 1) Coby Fleener (TE) (Mike Pope was at his Pro Day) 2) Mohamed Sanu (WR) (worked out for the Giants) 3) Jewel Hampton (RB) (projected UDFA)[/quote] Omar Bolden is visiting the giants as well.. Hes the big CB from Arz St...[/quote] You mean small CB from Arizona St? Omar Bolden is 5'10".[/quote] No, i mean big, at over 200lbs.. I didnt say tall or short.. 5ft 10 3/8in 202lb's is a bigger CB...