+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think I found our DT for the future!

Think I found our DT for the future!

Jesse Williams is a junior at Alabama and played extremely well in his first year there (transferred). Just heard he performed at their pro day and put up a 4.87 and 4.75 40 at 6'3 320 and that he had done 50+ on the bench earlier that week (which is crazy for an Alabama player where they usually drastically underperform on the bench). Gonna be sure to keep an eye on this guy.

I was checking up to see how Donta did on the cone drill. I read that he really helped himself but his cone drill was 7.55. Which is decent for his size, but not as good as I was hoping he'd do.

Re: Think I found our DT for the future!

Were not the raiders...

[quote user="myles2424"]Were not the raiders...[/quote]

WTF does that have to do with a player that is big, fast, strong and "has played extremely well" as a starter for the #1 defense in the country and National Championship team?

[quote user="critters"][quote user="myles2424"]Were not the raiders...[/quote]

WTF does that have to do with a player that is big, fast, strong and "has played extremely well" as a starter for the #1 defense in the country and National Championship team?
    [/quote]

You must not be familiar with the Oakland Raiders. They are a professional football team from northern California and there draft strategy been speed, speed and more speed, for the past 25 years.

Although with Big Al out of the picture, they may smarten up.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

He is a nice player he is a 2013 guy I will be watching. Then again I watch every Alabama player because their all good

No, I'm familiar with the Raiders and their joke of a drafting strategy. Had I said, "hey there's a guy that's really fast that we should get" the guy may have had a point. If the joke on the Raiders is that they take good players that were starters for elite defenses, fast and may break a combine record then it's not all that funny of a joke. Are the Raiders the only team that are expected to draft Poe?

All-Pro

Im going to say right now, that, watching Alabama play in the SEC and not watching them perform in the combine, Upshaw and Hightower will both be studs in the NFL. Also, everone is looking at Kirkpatrick as the big time CB from Bama and 1st round talant, but if you look hard enough, a CB named DeQuan Menzie quietly performed and is ready to get drafted late in the draft. He was opposite Kirkpatrick and held his own. Watch out now.

[quote user="TuckYou"]Im going to say right now, that, watching Alabama play in the SEC and not watching them perform in the combine, Upshaw and Hightower will both be studs in the NFL. Also, everone is looking at Kirkpatrick as the big time CB from Bama and 1st round talant, but if you look hard enough, a CB named DeQuan Menzie quietly performed and is ready to get drafted late in the draft. He was opposite Kirkpatrick and held his own. Watch out now.[/quote]

According to Mayock, after the combine Menzie is now being considered as a safety in the NFL. His lackluster speed and explosion at the combine combined with the ongoing concerns about his previous tear of an achilles are the primary reasons. His very short arms and subpar vertical didnt help either. I agree that his place in the league may be as a safety.

He was a good player at Bama but his past achilles tear was a tragedy.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="TuckYou"]Im going to say right now, that, watching Alabama play in the SEC and not watching them perform in the combine, Upshaw and Hightower will both be studs in the NFL. Also, everone is looking at Kirkpatrick as the big time CB from Bama and 1st round talant, but if you look hard enough, a CB named DeQuan Menzie quietly performed and is ready to get drafted late in the draft. He was opposite Kirkpatrick and held his own. Watch out now.[/quote]

According to Mayock, after the combine Menzie is now being considered as a safety in the NFL. His lackluster speed and explosion at the combine combined with the ongoing concerns about his previous tear of an achilles are the primary reasons. His very short arms and subpar vertical didnt help either. I agree that his place in the league may be as a safety.

[/quote]

I heard that too. I still think he could be a good nickel CB in the NFL. He never looks slow on tape always holds his own he is also one of the best CBs in run support in this draft. He could be a good fit to play nickel safety for us similar to Grant's role and play some CB as well. I think he ran a 4.6 in his pro day which isn't great but an improvement on his combine number

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="TuckYou"]Im going to say right now, that, watching Alabama play in the SEC and not watching them perform in the combine, Upshaw and Hightower will both be studs in the NFL. Also, everone is looking at Kirkpatrick as the big time CB from Bama and 1st round talant, but if you look hard enough, a CB named DeQuan Menzie quietly performed and is ready to get drafted late in the draft. He was opposite Kirkpatrick and held his own. Watch out now.[/quote]

I think he'd be a good safety as well. He's built a lot thicker than I thought and was always great against the run. Really good tackler and was tough to beat after the catch.

[/quote]

I don't see his injury having an effect on him. He was playing, and outplaying Dre Kirkpatrick IMO, within like 4 months of that injury. It obviously wasn't too bad because he played WAY ahead of schedule. He had intended to redshirt because of it and never needed to. He beat out a 5 star starter soon after.

+ Reply to Thread