+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Brewer

James Brewer

I'm guessing that since McKenzie is told to go elsewhere the organization believes the future is Brewer.

Did Brewer play at all last year? Even Preseason? I don't remember seeing him AT ALL!

Re: James Brewer

Seubert didn't start in his rookie season and he turned out fine.

McKenzie came off of a good 2010 campaign so the FO saw no reason to mess with success at the time. Now that he's come off a season as one of the worst starting RT's in 2011, it makes sense to release him and go with Brewer.

"When you're at the bottom, nowhere else to go but up"

Yes he played in the preseason game against the patriots I remember and he did a pretty good job. Trust Reese bro he know what he is doing who ever get release or cut just go with the flow.

I do not like that plan at all. You need to protect your franchise and to hand this kid that spot makes no sense. He did not get on the field at all as a tackle and now we are asking him to protect Eli? We need a better plan.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]I do not like that plan at all. You need to protect your franchise and to hand this kid that spot makes no sense. He did not get on the field at all as a tackle and now we are asking him to protect Eli? We need a better plan.[/quote]Before we jump to conclusions lets see what happens . They will bring in competition from somewhere

What if he is the best in the NFL next year?

I never understood the whole "he has no experience so he shouldn't start!" argument.

You do realize that Diehl and Snee started their rookie seasons, right? O'Hara did as well but he was with the Browns.

Practice with All-Pro competition may help Brewer...

Starter

He can't be worse than Kmac.
    I believe he will be an upgrade, there will be some growing pains but he'll be fine.

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I never understood the whole "he has no experience so he shouldn't start!" argument.

You do realize that Diehl and Snee started their rookie seasons, right? O'Hara did as well but he was with the Browns.[/quote]

Yeah, I mean its OL, its not RB. You're not going to take your RT off the field randomly just to get reps for the young guy. Either he's ready to start or he sits on the bench.