+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS' AHMAD BRADSHAW UNDERGOES "PROCEDURE" TO HELP STRESS FRACTURE IN FOOT

GIANTS' AHMAD BRADSHAW UNDERGOES "PROCEDURE" TO HELP STRESS FRACTURE IN FOOT

"Tom Coughlin said at the NFL Scouting Combine last month he didn't believe
    Ahmad Bradshaw would need surgery on his foot. That's apparently still the case,
    though the Giants' running back did
    require some form of procedure recently.

Bradshaw underwent that procedure last week to, as a team spokesman said,
    "help the healing" of a stress fracture that hampered him last season. The
    Giants said the procedure was "not surgery" but declined to provide
    specifics.

Bradshaw missed four games in 2011, beginning with the Nov. 6 victory over
    the Patriots, after suffering the stress fracture near a screw inserted in a 2010
    surgery to repair a previous crack in his right foot
    . (He had surgery on
    both feet and his right ankle that year. Last offseason, he
    had surgery on his left ankle
    .)

Bradshaw returned to action in the Dec. 4 loss to the Packers and managed the
    pain over the final five regular-season games and the postseason. In those nine
    games, he ran for 491 total yards on 123 carries and averaged 68 yards per game
    in the playoffs. He also scored the game-winning touchdown in Super Bowl XLVI on
    a quirky play that left many to wonder whether
    he should've taken the easy score the Patriots gave him

Bradshaw, who turns 26 on March 19, is entering the second season of a
    four-year, $17 million contract that includes
    $2.5 million guaranteed this upcoming season

The Giants are in the process of deciding what to do with Bradshaw's
    backfield mate Brandon Jacobs, who is scheduled to earn $4.9 million this
    season. Jacobs
    has balked at the team's initial offers
    to drastically cut his
    salary."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran

Re: GIANTS' AHMAD BRADSHAW UNDERGOES "PROCEDURE" TO HELP STRESS FRACTURE IN FOOT

we need a rb badly. AB is always playing hurt, and BJ can be Mr. Tiptoes sometimes.

Re: GIANTS' AHMAD BRADSHAW UNDERGOES "PROCEDURE" TO HELP STRESS FRACTURE IN FOOT

[quote user="Spizi"]we need a rb badly. AB is always playing hurt, and BJ can be Mr. Tiptoes sometimes.[/quote]

We also have DJ Ware and Da'Rel Scott
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Spizi"]we need a rb badly. AB is always playing hurt, and BJ can be Mr. Tiptoes sometimes.[/quote]

[/quote]

Andre Brown too.......I guess.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Poor guy.

I love his attitude, his persistent toughness. He is one of those rare athletes who you can actually observe WILLING his way for the 1st down or that extra yard.

In this era of the prima donna athletes who sit out multiple games with a sore finger (referring to skill players, not linemen), he provides an example to players on all his opponents' teams, as many have remarked.

But I fear he will spend the rest of his life on one of those Rascals, once his career ends.

Hell, MY feet hurt, every time I read an article like this about him. He IS Mighty Mouse.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Setting...ightyMouse.gif

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Spizi"]we need a rb badly. AB is always playing hurt, and BJ can be Mr. Tiptoes sometimes.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True

Man Bradshaw's always got broken bones in his feet.. Really shows his toughness as he virtually plays through it ever yyear

[/quote]
    That's what scares me. Scott is still unproven, but I just don't see much from Ware.

Improve the o-line and BJ and AB will look much better.

On a scary note, AB's problems with foot bones is insane. I don't know how much longer he'll be able to play. Or at least effectively. Too bad because he's my favorite current Giant.

Starter

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He got a ring!

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True
    [/quote]

DJ has been here long enough to know he is not replacing anyone.

Da'Rel Scott looks like he has the tools, guess he is not learning the playbook as far as blocking the blitz, that is why we don't see him get more shots.

Andre, another work in progess, hasn't he been injured since he got here?

Should take a couple backs in the later rounds and see if they get lucky.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!