+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TE or BPA at 32?

TE or BPA at 32?

Most mock drafts have Reese taking one of the 3 TE's - what's the consensus out there? Best player available or drafting a position of need this year?

Re: TE or BPA at 32?

BPA involves team needs

We'll probably draft for highest value.

I think the best value for TE is around rounds 3-5 myself but I wouldn't be too upset with either Fleener or Allen at #32.

I think fleener & Allen had very good chances of becoming early 2nd rounders even prior to their unimpressive combines......I highly doubt either of them will be BPA

If Reese has Fleener as his BPA at 32, great. If not I would not be surprised to see the best available DE or DT drafted.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

clue: whoever we pick, no matter if he was a need or not, Reese will say he was the highest rated remaining player on his board.

They always try to find the mix of the highest rated player and biggest need.

[quote user="DaveBrown"]Most mock drafts have Reese taking one of the 3 TE's - what's the consensus out there? Best player available or drafting a position of need this year?[/quote]

I would be shocked if we took a TE with our first round pick to play in an offense that doesn't use the TE much. Makes no sense at all.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

ALWAYS take BPA, especially if its one that surprisingly dropped like Prince did last year.

Personally, I don't want a TE drafted that high. I just don't think it's necessary and this whole "this is a TE league now" is completely blown out of proportion. We just won a SB with an unheralded TE with an injured knee.

I've always loved the TE position, but I think that experts and others are completely pushing this TE bandwagon ridiculously far.

I'm hoping the BPA will be on the o-line, secondary, d-line or WR.

+ Reply to Thread