+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Complaints about Webster's, Rolle's or Canty's Contract

If anyone has any complaints about Webster's, Rolle's, or Canty's contracts need to look no further than this to realize that they have nothing to ***** about:

Also, cornerbackOrlando Scandrick, who is scheduled to make a base salary of $7.1 million(From ESPN)

That is all.

Re: Complaints about Webster's, Rolle's or Canty's Contract

The league is littered with examples of guys who get paid more but with half of the production.

Webster is an incredible bargain for your primary corner. You'll see some corners asking for 9-10 mil this upcoming free agency.

These three guys helped win a Super Bowl, so as far as I'm concerned they earned every cent.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]These three guys helped win a Super Bowl, so as far as I'm concerned they earned every cent.[/quote]

Yeah. But you just hear so much crap about what these guys get paid (more Rolle and Canty), but when you see something like Scandrick having a base salary of $7.1m, it kind of puts things in perspective. Even if we are overpaying them, it isn't by much, and it isn't nearly as horrendous as paying Scandrick $7.1m, lol.

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Flip Empty"]These three guys helped win a Super Bowl, so as far as I'm concerned they earned every cent.[/quote]

Yeah. But you just hear so much crap about what these guys get paid (more Rolle and Canty), but when you see something like Scandrick having a base salary of $7.1m, it kind of puts things in perspective. Even if we are overpaying them, it isn't by much, and it isn't nearly as horrendous as paying Scandrick $7.1m, lol.

[/quote]
    and Mark Sanchez will earn as much as Eli this year.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]The league is littered with examples of guys who get paid more but with half of the production.

Webster is an incredible bargain for your primary corner. You'll see some corners asking for 9-10 mil this upcoming free agency.[/quote]
    +1....I have no problem with Webster's contract, Rolle or Canty should take a paycut though

The high cap numbers of both Webster and Rolle are a direct result of the restructuring done to their contracts last season. The Giants inflicted this upon themselves. Neither should have to take a pay cut.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="bLuereverie"]The league is littered with examples of guys who get paid more but with half of the production. Webster is an incredible bargain for your primary corner. You'll see some corners asking for 9-10 mil this upcoming free agency.[/quote]
    +1....I have no problem with Webster's contract, Rolle or Canty should take a paycut though
    [/quote]

Rolle's number is only as big as it is because of his restructure last season. I think it added like 2-3mil to this year. Also, with all we've asked Rolle to do that isn't playing safety, it'd be pretty cheap of the FO to ask him to take a paycut.

Canty is getting paid what DT's of his caliber are getting paid.

They were big contributors on a defense that didn't allow more than 20 points for 6 straight games and won the super bowl. Definitely no complaining here

So what??? others are overpaid does not make it ok.

the problem is not with the money its what the players cap hit is, and for canty and rolle its very high. and frankly it does effect us re-signing others.

Coughlin using his Tablet