+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orson Charles arrested

Re: Orson Charles arrested

Meh, he wasn't all that great as a TE prospect. I was really impressed with his initial/short area quickness and is a pretty underrated blocker as far technique goes, but isn't overly impressive in any other area.

Was having an unimpressive offseason and this just worsens it

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Dumb move man, dumb move. This guy just pissed away a couple hundred thousand easy. How far did he drop on the Giants big board and do you think they are even still taking interest in him?
    [/quote]

Good people do bad things, it happens. Jerry Reese, if he's interested in this kid, will talk to him about the organization's expectations just as he did with Ahmad Bradshaw and that turned out OK.

Was he stupid? Of course. Haven't we all been stupid at least once in our lives? The only people I know who could say no to that are Morehead State, MMB, Harooni, and Fbomb []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Dumb move man, dumb move. This guy just pissed away a couple hundred thousand easy. How far did he drop on the Giants big board and do you think they are even still taking interest in him?
    [/quote]

Good people do bad things, it happens. Jerry Reese, if he's interested in this kid, will talk to him about the organization's expectations just as he did with Ahmad Bradshaw and that turned out OK.

Was he stupid? Of course. Haven't we all been stupid at least once in our lives? The only people I know who could say no to that are Morehead State, MMB, Harooni, and Fbomb []
    [/quote]

Bradshaw was a late round pick, Charles is not. That is a big difference. Giants dont really take chances like that on early picks.

I have never liked this kid for us in round 1. I also think he hurt himself at the combine for a couple reasons:

He is a h-back/ move guy, not and end line TE. Those hybrid guys need to keep their speed in order to be a mismatch vs LBs in space, but they also need to retain size advantage over DBs. To me, Charles came in too big and stout for a move guy. He looked clunky in drills to me, as if his big arms were hurting his ability to make reach catches. I almost think he tried to show he was an end line TE rather then working on his niche, which is as a move guy. Trying to be something he isnt may have hurt him even before this DUI incedent.

What a bonehead. If I was a draft prospect, I probably would be either in the gym, with my agent or sleeping.

[quote user="Neverend"]Meh, he wasn't all that great as a TE prospect. I was really impressed with his initial/short area quickness and is a pretty underrated blocker as far technique goes, but isn't overly impressive in any other area.

Was having an unimpressive offseason and this just worsens it[/quote]

Not to mention the prospect of drafting a 6'2 TE wasn't all that thrilling either.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I still think they're going after Fleener
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]I still think they're going after Fleener
    [/quote]

I'm hoping so.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I think he will be a bargain in the 3rd or 4th round if he is still available. IMO, he has way too much talent to even fall that far. Someone will most likely roll the dice with him prior. Some teams actually draft for talent instead of character (Dallas Cowboys). YOu see how that has worked for them lately. LOL
    Close or you hit the bricks

DUI is most likely a misdemeanor in this case. Nothing to get all up in arms about.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Neverend"]Meh, he wasn't all that great as a TE prospect. I was really impressed with his initial/short area quickness and is a pretty underrated blocker as far technique goes, but isn't overly impressive in any other area.

Was having an unimpressive offseason and this just worsens it[/quote]

Not to mention the prospect of drafting a 6'2 TE wasn't all that thrilling either.[/quote]Charles is a great receiver but he will never be an In line TE . At least players like Fleener ,Green and Egnew have the bodies to become those guys

+ Reply to Thread