+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Orson Charles arrested

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Neverend"]Meh, he wasn't all that great as a TE prospect. I was really impressed with his initial/short area quickness and is a pretty underrated blocker as far technique goes, but isn't overly impressive in any other area.

Was having an unimpressive offseason and this just worsens it[/quote]

Not to mention the prospect of drafting a 6'2 TE wasn't all that thrilling either.[/quote]Charles is a great receiver but he will never be an In line TE . At least players like Fleener ,Green and Egnew have the bodies to become those guys[/quote]

Exactly.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="TheEnigma"]I doubt he would be completely off of the board but you can bet that the Giants wouldn't consider him till around their 5th pick at the least and that might be me thinking generously.

As someone who used to play football and was physically limited from going to the next level, it pisses me off every time I see a kid doing this. If I was really that reckless, I'd pay someone to constantly watch me and keep me away from doing stupid crap. Unbelievable...[/quote]<font size="2">He was projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick, right?</font>
    [/quote]

Mid to bottom of the second.

He was Mayock's favorite TE but behind Allen and Fleener in most everyone else's boards.[/quote]<font size="2">No way in hell Orson Charles is still on the board at the end of the 5th round. I prefer Allen at TE, but I wouldn't mind Charles somewhere in the mid-rounds.</font>

[quote user="Spedracer"]Even smart guys get DUI's. Look at Mckenzie. This changes nothing in my mind. He was a mid-late 2nd round prospect and still is.[/quote]It changes things in the eyes of GM's which means if we've done our home work on him and know his character to be strong, we will get him lower now than we would have 2 days ago. That is a good thing for us. He'll have to make up the difference on his next contract.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Spedracer"]Even smart guys get DUI's. Look at Mckenzie. This changes nothing in my mind. He was a mid-late 2nd round prospect and still is.[/quote]It changes things in the eyes of GM's which means if we've done our home work on him and know his character to be strong, we will get him lower now than we would have 2 days ago. That is a good thing for us. He'll have to make up the difference on his next contract.[/quote]Well said, I don't think his stock took a major hit, but you made a good point.

Yes we all make some mistakes one time or another in life. But Orson Charles could have hurt or killed someone else if not himself.Plain and simplehe used poor judgement. I'm sure he knew he was over the limit, thus, he worried about a cop catching him speeding, and overcompensated and wound up going too slow.</P>

</P>

Come one Orson, you are trying to make it to the big time, the NFL. Your future employer does not want to see this on your resume! </P>

</P>

Hopefully he learns from what could be a costly mistake. </P>
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

Starter

If he's too slow I don't want him on the Giants!!

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]<font size="2">Dumb move man, dumb move. This guy just pissed away a couple hundred thousand easy. How far did he drop on the Giants big board and do you think they are even still taking interest in him?</font>
    [/quote]

Good people do bad things, it happens. Jerry Reese, if he's interested in this kid, will talk to him about the organization's expectations just as he did with Ahmad Bradshaw and that turned out OK.

Was he stupid? Of course. Haven't we all been stupid at least once in our lives? The only people I know who could say no to that are Morehead State, MMB, Harooni, and Fbomb []
    [/quote]<font size="2">Bad things do happen to good people &amp; I'm sure we all have made some kind a "stupid" mistake at some point in our lives. But not many people are given opportunities like Orson Charles has to play in the NFL and make millions of dollars. Believe it or not, this incident will affect his stock and he'll have to explain to teams and ensure them that this incident isn't going to happen again and he won't be a problem if that team selects him. </font>

Look on the bright side, at least he was driving slow lol.