+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bradshaw's foot still isn't healed...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...edure-on-foot/

It may not be a huge deal, but with Jacobs almost 30 and on the last year of his contract. Bradshaw's foot issues and inability to stay healthy for an entire season. I see the Giants making an early move for an RB. Maybe not round 1, but round 2 or 3. Doug Martin in Round 2 sounds awfully nice.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Bradshaw's foot still isn't healed...

I'd like to see the Giants either pick a guy up in FA or draft a RB who's got some nice hands. I can see why so many people around here like Doug Martin, he plays a lot like Tiki Barber IMO. I know comparisons have been made that he's similar to Ray Rice or MJD, but I think he's got a little bit of Tiki in him as well.

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I'd like to see the Giants either pick a guy up in FA or draft a RB who's got some nice hands. I can see why so many people around here like Doug Martin, he plays a lot like Tiki Barber IMO. I know comparisons have been made that he's similar to Ray Rice or MJD, but I think he's got a little bit of Tiki in him as well.
    [/quote]

I hope the comparisons end at just football. Though there was an interview with his mom in Boise, he seems to be from good stock.

unquestionably Giants have to add the RB situation for next season. Is there any hope that Da'rel Scott or DJ Ware?

[quote user="threenout"]
    unquestionably Giants have to add the RB situation for next season.** Is there any hope that Da'rel Scott or DJ Ware?**
    [/quote]

I think DJ Ware needs to find a new team... I like Scott as a versitile back/return man. His game reminds me of Kevin Faulk, but with more speed. I have a hunch that Ware will be the odd man out this season.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

This isn't really news, and I just don't see Bradshaws career lasting any longer than Jacobs' (not total time, I mean clock ticking now)

In 2 years, maybe less, Andre Brown or somebody who isn't even on the team yet will be the no. 1 back.

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'd like to see the Giants either pick a guy up in FA or draft a RB who's got some nice hands. I can see why so many people around here like Doug Martin, he plays a lot like Tiki Barber IMO. I know comparisons have been made that he's similar to Ray Rice or MJD, but I think he's got a little bit of Tiki in him as well.
    [/quote]

I hope the comparisons end at just football. Though there was an interview with his mom in Boise, he seems to be from good stock.[/quote]Well, now that Jacobs has been released, the need at RB has just raised a notch. Like I said before, I'd like to see them grab a RB who can catch the ball out the backfield whether it be through FA or the draft.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'd like to see the Giants either pick a guy up in FA or draft a RB who's got some nice hands. I can see why so many people around here like Doug Martin, he plays a lot like Tiki Barber IMO. I know comparisons have been made that he's similar to Ray Rice or MJD, but I think he's got a little bit of Tiki in him as well.
    [/quote]

I hope the comparisons end at just football. Though there was an interview with his mom in Boise, he seems to be from good stock.[/quote]Well, now that Jacobs has been released, the need at RB has just raised a notch. Like I said before, I'd like to see them grab a RB who can catch the ball out the backfield whether it be through FA or the draft.
    [/quote]

I agree RB need is greater now.

Good news for us is.... this RB class is very good.

can bradshaw's foot issues be helped with another operation

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/ahmad-bradshaw-undergoes-procedure-on-foot/

It may not be a huge deal, but with Jacobs almost 30 and on the last year of his contract. Bradshaw's foot issues and inability to stay healthy for an entire season. I see the Giants making an early move for an RB. Maybe not round 1, but round 2 or 3. Doug Martin in Round 2 sounds awfully nice.[/quote]

Possbily but under Reese we have never drafted a RB in the first three rounds.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)