+ Reply to Thread

Solidify the O-line and everything will be OK...

The Giants are a deep team with good / great talent pretty much everywhere. Solidify the o-line from within, the draft, and maybe 1 FA and I think everything falls into place as us being the most well rounded team again:

QB - great

WR - we'll find our # 3 -- either JJ, Barden, Hixon, or draft. And our # 3 will be backing up Nicks and Cruz who are two # 1s.

TE - I'm not panicking. Pascoe (who's not garbage) and someone else can hold the fort until Ballard gets back. Maybe a # 2 or # 3 pick here to help.

RB -- 2 hard working, gutsy veterans will perform much better once the o-line is improved.

DL -- gotta be the deepest DL in the NFL today.

LB - no longer a liability with Kiwi, Boley, and Goff starting (even though I'm not crazy about Goff and prefer Blackburn), backed up by J. Williams and Herz and some depth via draft.

Secondary - Web, Prince, Phillips, Rolle, TT (either resigned or about to), Johnson, and a high draft pick (which will definitely happen based on their philosophy). Maybe even bring Grant back for another year (i'm assuming he's a FA and wants to be back).

Take care of the o-line and everything will fall into place. I don't see a weakness in any unit unless the LBs take a step back.

Re: Solidify the O-line and everything will be OK...

[quote user="JJC7301"]The Giants are a deep team with good / great talent pretty much everywhere. Solidify the o-line from within, the draft, and maybe 1 FA and I think everything falls into place as us being the most well rounded team again:

QB - great

WR - we'll find our # 3 -- either JJ, Barden, Hixon, or draft. And our # 3 will be backing up Nicks and Cruz who are two # 1s.

TE - I'm not panicking. Pascoe (who's not garbage) and someone else can hold the fort until Ballard gets back. Maybe a # 2 or # 3 pick here to help.

RB -- 2 hard working, gutsy veterans will perform much better once the o-line is improved.

LB - no longer a liability with Kiwi, Boley, and Goff starting (even though I'm not crazy about Goff and prefer Blackburn), backed up by J. Williams and Herz and some depth via draft.

Secondary - Web, Prince, Phillips, Rolle, TT (either resigned or about to), Johnson, and a high draft pick (which will definitely happen based on their philosophy). Maybe even bring Grant back for another year (i'm assuming he's a FA and wants to be back).

Take care of the o-line and everything will fall into place. I don't see a weakness in any unit unless the LBs take a step back.[/quote]

So exactly what do you think we can do to solidify the Oline?

Snee's not going anywhere.

Baas aint going anywhere

Beatty aint going anywhere

This leads me to believe that our line isn't going to get much better this coming season.

We're not going to be able to really upgrade at RT or LG.

Our linebackers aren't a liability? Strongly disagree

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="JJC7301"]The Giants are a deep team with good / great talent pretty much everywhere. Solidify the o-line from within, the draft, and maybe 1 FA and I think everything falls into place as us being the most well rounded team again:

QB - great

Take care of the o-line and everything will fall into place. I don't see a weakness in any unit unless the LBs take a step back.[/quote]

Baas aint going anywhere

This leads me to believe that our line isn't going to get much better this coming season.

Our linebackers aren't a liability? Strongly disagree[/quote]

LB -- when Blackburn was resigned, the LB corp played much better. Maybe it was also a matter of more communication between all of them, but things got much better at the end of the season. We've won 2 SBs anyway without LB super stars. This corp got better as the year went on and you've got a slew of young ones with 1 year of experience under their belt coming back to help out Kiwi, Boley, and Goff / Blackburn.

O-line: I don't want Snee going anywhere. Baas could absolutely get better with 1 year under his belt in a new system. Boothe and Petrus are great options at G and one of them probably (and should) start and do very well. Brewer (who the FO is high on) is an option at RT and Beatty COULD improve, but I wouldn't be surprised if we address this position with a high draft pick.

I think we've got options on the o-line and help coming on the way via draft, and possibly 1 FA signing (even though I've been screaming against signing FAs this year).

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="burier"][quote user="JJC7301"]The Giants are a deep team with good / great talent pretty much everywhere. Solidify the o-line from within, the draft, and maybe 1 FA and I think everything falls into place as us being the most well rounded team again:

QB - great

Baas aint going anywhere

Our linebackers aren't a liability? Strongly disagree[/quote]

LB -- when Blackburn was resigned, the LB corp played much better. Maybe it was also a matter of more communication between all of them, but things got much better at the end of the season. We've won 2 SBs anyway without LB super stars. This corp got better as the year went on and you've got a slew of young ones with 1 year of experience under their belt coming back to help out Kiwi, Boley, and Goff / Blackburn.

O-line: I don't want Snee going anywhere. Baas could absolutely get better with 1 year under his belt in a new system. Boothe and Petrus are great options at G and one of them probably (and should) start and do very well. Brewer (who the FO is high on) is an option at RT and Beatty COULD improve, but I wouldn't be surprised if we address this position with a high draft pick.

I think we've got options on the o-line and help coming on the way via draft, and possibly 1 FA signing (even though I've been screaming against signing FAs this year).[/quote]

I don't need a superstar Linebacker (Would be nice) but I need guys who can run and hit and we don't have it right now.

Blackburn seemed to provide a spark but that's all I'm calling it. A spark. He's still physically underwhelming.

Right now I'm happy with Boley and that's it.

I like Kiwi's versatility at this point but I still believe we need at least one more legit linebacker to play D correctly.

As far as the Oline. It almost sounds like you agree with me. We've got guys on the roster who can play. I don't know if I'd call it solidifying though.

Also if god forbit be we blow an early pick on a lineman we're still not going to see a significant improvement until the kid gets his head in the game.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="JJC7301"]The Giants are a deep team with good / great talent pretty much everywhere. Solidify the o-line from within, the draft, and maybe 1 FA and I think everything falls into place as us being the most well rounded team again:

QB - great

I agree that Oline is a major area of interest.

However we desperately need depth in our secondary at both CB and Safety, we need a TE (highest need which also contributes to our Oline presence) and we need RB depth / possible starter material.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Mark Herz would start this year not Goff. Because they already said that if it wasn't for his injury Blackburn would have never been sign and they have high hopes for this Boston College kid remember he was a first round talent because the cancer so don't get it twisted and I think he play better in coverage than goff.

M.Boley- Mark Herz- Mathias Kiwi

He wasn't a first rounder because of the cancer I mean.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="JJC7301"]The Giants are a deep team with good / great talent pretty much everywhere. Solidify the o-line from within, the draft, and maybe 1 FA and I think everything falls into place as us being the most well rounded team again:

QB - great

I agree that Oline is a major area of interest.

However we desperately need depth in our secondary at both CB and Safety, we need a TE (highest need which also contributes to our Oline presence) and we need RB depth / possible starter material.[/quote]
    Secondary is my 2nd strongest point of interest behind the o-line. We have talent there, but it's ALWAYS a point of concern with this team -- the secondary is ALWAYS banged up and eating up it's depth.

We'll spend the # 1 or # 2 on a secondary pick, and deservedly so. I like our starters (Web, Prince, Phillips, and Rolle), but we need more depth.