+ Reply to Thread

DENVER "DESPERATELY" WANTS PEYTON MANNING

DENVER "DESPERATELY" WANTS PEYTON MANNING

"Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 10:12 AM EST
    <div class="post-body clearfix"><span style="WIDTH: 234px" class="enclosure"><span class="caption"></span></span>

The stakes continue to be raised in the chase for <a class="nameLink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning">Peyton
    Manning</a>.</p>

The latest tidbit comes from Peter King of Sports Illustrated and
    Football Night in America via Twitter, who writes that the Broncos “desperately
    want Peyton.</p>

King cites an unnamed competitors for Manning’s services.</p>

If the Broncos want him that badly, there’s even more reason to <a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/pro-day-locations-could-end-up-being-peyton-manning-meeting-places/">keep
    an eye on Stillwater</a> today. V.P. of football operations John Elway <a href="http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/03/08/elway-to-scout-oklahoma-states-pro-day/">reportedly
    will be there</a>, attending the Oklahoma State Pro Day workout."</p>
    </div>
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: DENVER "DESPERATELY" WANTS PEYTON MANNING

Tebow has no support within the organization, besides the players. I don't like Tebow, but he should have more support within the organization.

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"]Tebow has no support within the organization, besides the players. I don't like Tebow, but he should have more support within the organization.[/quote]I think most people hate the media's BS with Tebow more than Tebow himself. There's really nothing to hate about the guy....... which is probably why people don't like him.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Tebow has no support within the organization, besides the players. I don't like Tebow, but he should have more support within the organization.[/quote]

Tebow needs more time and it's conceivable that's their goal if they approach Peyton. Tebow's
    listed as the 31st in passing. I don't think that's going to get them into a lot of championship games in the near term.

We'll have to wait and see.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...p;d-447263-n=1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I live in Denver and the buzz is heavy about Manning.Local radio out here is salivating over it.Almost all are on board for Peyton.

[quote user="carthon44"]I live in Denver and the buzz is heavy about Manning.Local radio out here is salivating over it.Almost all are on board for Peyton.[/quote]

We should know soon.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Tebow has no support within the organization, besides the players. I don't like Tebow, but he should have more support within the organization.[/quote]

Tebow needs more time and it's conceivable that's their goal if they approach Peyton.* Tebow's
    listed as the 31st in passing.* I don't think that's going to get them into a lot of championship games in the near term.

We'll have to wait and see.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1
    [/quote]

I agree.

I'm not a Bronco expert, but teams still value a QB that has great passing skill more than a mostly-run QB that doesn't pass well.

The guy is dead last in completions and fourth from last in attempts.

If Tebow can be a legit pass-QB and can accurately throw deep, he'd be a different story. For now, team defenses are just going to bring extra defenders up to the line to stop the run and make Tebow beat them by passing.

I can't blame Denver for wanting to upgrade the quarterback position.

I like Tim as a person, for his Faith and what we "think we know" about him.

Not so much as a so-called QB though.

That said, Peyton in Denver might be interesting as the other Manning can end up in the same Div as the Chargers and Rivers.

That said, I thought it would be interesting to see him a Phin.

Same Div as Brady and all that it implies

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Demaryius Thomas could become a monster with Peyton behind centre