+ Reply to Thread

I want Plax back if....

And these are big ifs...

1. He comes fairly cheap.

2. He sits down with TC and Eli and assures them he is a changed man.

3. He is ok being the number 3 receiver who will probably get about 500 yards.

4. Shows that he is a team player who wants to be a part of another championship.

5. Only if we can't resign Mario, which seems pretty obvious.

I don't believe Hixon is the answer for the #3, and I actually don't think that is the teams plans for him. Plax would be the perfect redzone threat that weso desperately need. He owns that corner fade that Gillbride loves so much. Our passing game struggled in the redzone last year and we are about to lose our best redzone receiver, in my opinion. Plax is not the threat he used to be, but he is still someone that defenses would absolutely have to respect. I say it may not be a bad idea for Jerry and Tom to sit down with him and just see if they can get on the same page.

Fire away!!

Re: I want Plax back if....

If.

He was actually Calviin Johnson in disguise
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

He is not a need and we already have to receivers like him. There are different ways to get into the redzone and we have some tes that may be able to come back and do well for us in redzone or the greenzone.

Veteran

He grows up and stops being a common street thug. Learns to play as a team.

Doesn't matter what I want out of him. If he is signed, rest assured that he has changed or really fooled JR and TC.

Veteran

If he wasn't old and slowed down 2 steps - oh well can't change that.

While he wasn't the MAIN issue with the Jets im not surprised he was in one of the most disruptive locker rooms in the NFL and the Jets have already cut ties. Loved his play in 07 but the guy has had off the field issues since he came in the league - he has a wrap sheet of stupidity including small things like lateness/ unpaid parking tickets/ toting a gun - i know some of those things seem petty - obviously not the latter - but im pretty sure coughlin would tell you they are yellow flags and show a guy who refuses to grow up.

Not interested - thats all said if the giants bring him back i can only assume he did one helluva job convincing them otherwise - highly doubt it - more of a chance at SS coming back,

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]

And these are big ifs...

1.* He comes fairly cheap.

2.* He sits down with TC and Eli and assures them he is a changed man.

3.* He is ok being the number 3 receiver who will probably get about 500 yards.

4.* Shows that he is a team player who wants to be a part of another championship.

5.* Only if we can't resign Mario, which seems pretty obvious.

I don't believe Hixon is the answer for the #3, and I actually don't think that is the teams plans for him.* Plax would be the perfect redzone threat that we*so desperately need.* He owns that corner fade that Gillbride loves so much.* Our passing game struggled in the redzone last year and we are about to lose our best redzone receiver, in my opinion.* Plax is not the threat he used to be, but he is still someone that defenses would absolutely have to respect.* I say it may not be a bad idea for Jerry and Tom to sit down with him and just see if they can get on the same page.

Fire away!!

[/quote]

6) If he were 5 years younger. This trumps your 1-5.