+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And now, the 2nd round pick is UM RB Miller/Re-Sign Jacobs?

Now that BJ has been released, the Giants will draft Lamar Miller in the 2nd round of the draft...

I still think the Giants could re-sign Jacobs after he tests the market and gets hardly any offers, which would result in us getting him for cheap...although I could see a few teams actually offering him a big payday.

Re: And now, the 2nd round pick is UM RB Miller/Re-Sign Jacobs?

RB just went up a notch in need, but still not enough to alter the course in drafting. Still plenty of talent in the midrounds.

Not sure if Miller falls to us at the end of the 2nd...he's rated as a high to mid 2nd round pick by most boards I've seen. So, I wouldn't bet on it. I'd be absolutely thrilled if he did and we took him however, he's a bruiser. I wouldn't mind David Wilson at the end of the first however we don't put that high a priority on rb's so I doubt we take him

I expect all RBs to fall as the position has somewhat devalued, so it's possible he drops. All the NYG picks from last year did.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Now that BJ has been released, the Giants will draft Lamar Miller in the 2nd round of the draft.[/quote]Lamar Miller will be long gone by pick 64

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Now that BJ has been released, the Giants will draft Lamar Miller in the 2nd round of the draft...

I still think the Giants could re-sign Jacobs after he tests the market and gets hardly any offers, which would result in us getting him for cheap...although I could see a few teams actually offering him a big payday.[/quote]

They already have DJ Ware and Da'Rel Scott.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Rather have Doug Martin honestly. He can be Tiki Barber except without all of the drama.

Scott and Ware aren't bruisers... we need a bruiser to run people over. Loved that about Jacobs early in his career.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Rather have Doug Martin honestly. He can be Tiki Barber except without all of the drama.[/quote]That's who Doug Martin reminds me of is Tiki Barber. Tiki faced much better defenses in college though compared to Martin.

[quote user="nygpolishpunk"]Scott and Ware aren't bruisers... we need a bruiser to run people over. Loved that about Jacobs early in his career.
    [/quote]

Early? He was still crushing people this year.