+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Danny Amendola available for 2nd round pick

The Rams put a 2nd round tender on Amendola, and if the Giants signed him, it would cost the 64th pick in the draft......he is certainly worth that as he is a Wes Welker clone. This would allow Victor Cruz to stay wide, and Ramses Barden to serve as the 4th WR. Its hard to suggest the Giants could do better with the 64th pick of the draft than Danny Amendola.

Re: Danny Amendola available for 2nd round pick

[quote user="Hooligans"]The Rams put a 2nd round tender on Amendola, and if the Giants signed him, it would cost the 64th pick in the draft......he is certainly worth that as he is a Wes Welker clone. This would allow Victor Cruz to stay wide, and Ramses Barden to serve as the 4th WR. Its hard to suggest the Giants could do better with the 64th pick of the draft than Danny Amendola.[/quote]

This is not meant to be mean, though I'm sure it will come across that way, BUT Ramses Barden may have to serve pasta for a living instead of as our 4th WR if there aren't some positive developments with him this year.

I'm not discounting the Amendola idea, though - worth some thought, I think.

[quote user="Hooligans"]The Rams put a 2nd round tender on Amendola, and if the Giants signed him, it would cost the 64th pick in the draft......he is certainly worth that as he is a Wes Welker clone. This would allow Victor Cruz to stay wide, and Ramses Barden to serve as the 4th WR. Its hard to suggest the Giants could do better with the 64th pick of the draft than Danny Amendola.[/quote]I believe that Barden is behind both Jernigan and Thomas on the depth chart which makes him the 5th or 6th wide receiver which means his tenure here is iffy at best.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I think we're safe with Jernigan or (if he's re-signed) Devin Thomas.

Banned

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="Hooligans"]The Rams put a 2nd round tender on Amendola, and if the Giants signed him, it would cost the 64th pick in the draft......he is certainly worth that as he is a Wes Welker clone. This would allow Victor Cruz to stay wide, and Ramses Barden to serve as the 4th WR. Its hard to suggest the Giants could do better with the 64th pick of the draft than Danny Amendola.[/quote]

This is not meant to be mean, though I'm sure it will come across that way, BUT Ramses Barden may have to serve pasta for a living instead of as our 4th WR if there aren't some positive developments with him this year.

I'm not discounting the Amendola idea, though - worth some thought, I think.
    [/quote]

No offense taken as I was being very optimistic about Barden. Remember the draft and free agency is jam packed with WRs.....it is NOT a good time to be a free agent WR in the NFL, but there are some guys worth looking at and Amendola is one of those guys. Remember the Giants wasted a 2nd round pick on Sinorice Moss to be the slot WR, and Amendola could come in and do it immediately. As to who is the 4th WR, I really don't care and wouldn't be surprised to see a rookie in that role.

Bench Player

A 2nd rd pick is to much, but Amendola's return ability is off the charts. He was injury riddled last season though and only had one quality season to be asking for a 2nd rd pick especially with this draft class loaded with WRs.

I don't want Amendola at all

The talent in the 2nd round is pretty good this year. I'd pass on this idea.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

No thanks on that one! Not worth a 2nd round pick. I'd rather see Thomas get a greater opportunity and keep the pick for OL or Defense.

Banned

[quote user="Dirt66"]No thanks on that one! Not worth a 2nd round pick. I'd rather see Thomas get a greater opportunity and keep the pick for OL or Defense.[/quote]
    Please , Devin Thomas got cut from the Redskins and they don't have any WRs other than Moss. Thomas is also a free agent. Amendola has been among the league leaders in receptions, Thomas is lucky to be active on gameday.