+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We should sign Dallas Clark

We have a need at TE and Clark would be a good fit for a couple years. Would also help in the passing game which might need another option if Manningham leaves

Re: We should sign Dallas Clark

How much is Clark expected to make? I would guess he's out of our price range, especially considering his age. I'd much rather see us address the position in the draft.

Banned

[quote user="GiantRutgersFan"]We have a need at TE and Clark would be a good fit for a couple years.* Would also help in the passing game which might need another option if Manningham leaves
    [/quote]

Clark would injure himself reading this post...not a chance the Giants sign him.

No Way!!! They go for a more traditional 270 pounder who sets the edge and can also catch the ball. Our experiment with the Catch first TE with Beckum failed big time!

[quote user="bearbryant"]No Way!!! They go for a more traditional 270 pounder who sets the edge and can also catch the ball. Our experiment with the Catch first TE with Beckum failed big time![/quote]

Clark is 6'1 250 pounds. He is significantly larger then Beckum. He also has a long NFL track record and isnt a rookie

[quote user="GiantRutgersFan"][quote user="bearbryant"]No Way!!! They go for a more traditional 270 pounder who sets the edge and can also catch the ball. Our experiment with the Catch first TE with Beckum failed big time![/quote]

Clark is 6'1 250 pounds.* He is significantly larger then Beckum.* He also has a long NFL track record and isnt a rookie
    [/quote]

He's also missed 15 games over the past two seasons. He's not worth it unless he comes really cheap.

Bench Player

Agreed, our medical staff is working on too many TE's already.

We need new TEs altogether! Ballard, slow already, coming off knee surgury, Pascoe, not good period. Our situation is bad. Don't think Clark is the answer either.

Bench Player

I like Pascoe, I think he will really surprise a lot of people if he gets a chance to really show what he has.

[quote user="Pa_Gmen"]I like Pascoe, I think he will really surprise a lot of people if he gets a chance to really show what he has.[/quote]

I think he's pretty decent. He's not a #1 starting TE IMO though. Not someone I'd rely on all year long.

But I doubt Dallas Clark comes here