+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nicks-best WR postseason performance of all time?

Well couldn't sleep tonight, and got into watching a bunch of Giants highlights for the SuperBowl run...

I got to say, one of the greatest postseason runs of all time. 2 td's vs Atlanta, both excellent plays especially the catch and run. and it wasn't isolated to those two plays. He was a beast the entire game.

2 td's vs GB and somehow he topped the Atlanta performance. The catch and run TD was simply amazing, if there was a word more endearing than that, that'd be the word I;d use to describe it. we may have to create a whole new word to describe his play that day. the hail mary grab, again, worthy of creating new words to describe it. Plus, like Atlanta, his performance wasn't restricted to those two plays, he was a beast all game.

Vs SF, he had a pretty good game, but you could tell SF was going absolutely out of their way to contain him, and he also was playing hurt.

But the SB performance could have been the best game of the entire run. Granted he didn't have any touchdowns, but NE was double teaming him the entire game with the safeties rolled over to him, and he still had 10 catches for over 110 yards. HUGE, clutch 3rd down grabs. was dominant the entire game. he made some amazing acrobatic grabs, and had only one minor setback when he put the ball on the carpet but it was recovered so didn't hurt us.

i cannot think of a WR having a better postseason. And i'm not thinking from a homer viewpoint, i'm trying to be objective. Nicks just matter of factually, honestly had the greatest playoff run of any WR in the history of the game...anyone think of a wr who somehow did better?

Re: Nicks-best WR postseason performance of all time?

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Well couldn't sleep tonight, and got into watching a bunch of Giants highlights for the SuperBowl run...

I got to say, one of the greatest postseason runs of all time. 2 td's vs Atlanta, both excellent plays especially the catch and run. and it wasn't isolated to those two plays. He was a beast the entire game.

2 td's vs GB and somehow he topped the Atlanta performance. The catch and run TD was simply amazing, if there was a word more endearing than that, that'd be the word I;d use to describe it. we may have to create a whole new word to describe his play that day. the hail mary grab, again, worthy of creating new words to describe it. Plus, like Atlanta, his performance wasn't restricted to those two plays, he was a beast all game.

Vs SF, he had a pretty good game, but you could tell SF was going absolutely out of their way to contain him, and he also was playing hurt.

But the SB performance could have been the best game of the entire run. Granted he didn't have any touchdowns, but NE was double teaming him the entire game with the safeties rolled over to him, and he still had 10 catches for over 110 yards. HUGE, clutch 3rd down grabs. was dominant the entire game. he made some amazing acrobatic grabs, and had only one minor setback when he put the ball on the carpet but it was recovered so didn't hurt us.

i cannot think of a WR having a better postseason. And i'm not thinking from a homer viewpoint, i'm trying to be objective. Nicks just matter of factually, honestly had the greatest playoff run of any WR in the history of the game...anyone think of a wr who somehow did better?[/quote]
    I agree. But Mario had a pretty good one to
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="giantsfan420"]Well couldn't sleep tonight, and got into watching a bunch of Giants highlights for the SuperBowl run...

i cannot think of a WR having a better postseason. And i'm not thinking from a homer viewpoint, i'm trying to be objective. Nicks just matter of factually, honestly had the greatest playoff run of any WR in the history of the game...anyone think of a wr who somehow did better?[/quote]
    I agree. But Mario had a pretty good one to[/quote]

oh I def. agree about MM having a stellar postseason. td's vs atl, gb, and SF and the SF was huge...but all his td's were, imho, a result of eli throwing it perfectly. you couldn't walk the ball and give it to the wr better than elis throws. even the huge catch in the SB, that was a perfectly thrown ball. absolutely perfect.

whereas, nicks, he was just DOMINANT. TWO catch and run td's of 60 yards plus, in combination with amazing displays of athleticism and consistency...taking nothing away from MM, but Nicks was on a completely better level.

Bench Player

different eras now with all this wide open passing games . it just going to get worst with bounty gate .
    maybe it is but for my money no one was more clutch in the post season then Lynn Swan

Nicks was huge for us, no doubt.

Best ever post season? That's hard to tell, but he is a special talent.

In all honesty he was a guy I wanted and a lot of people on the boards wanted and when he fell to us in the draft and Goodell was walking up to the podium I was like: Hakeem Nicks, Hakeem Nicks, pick Hakeem Nicks. Then Goodell announced the pick and I jumped up in the air. My wife was like, OK, OK, Calm down.

What were Fitzy's numbers from 'Zona's run? He was absolutely insane that year. I believe he broke some Jerry Rice records.

Plax's performance in -10 degree weather in GB in 2007 might be the best WR performance I have seen. He destroyed Al Harris.

2008 season postseason
    Fitzgerald 30rec / 546yards / 18.2yard avg / 136.5ypg / 7TD

2011 season postseason
    Nicks 28rec / 444yards / 15.9yard avg / 111ypg / 4TD / [b]1 big shiny trophy[b]

Bench Player

Nicks was a beast, but Fitzgerald had the best WR postseason a few years ago. He was insane.

Jerry Rice has had a couple huge playoffs