+ Reply to Thread

Brees Ticked about Franchise Tag??

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...011643713.html

Or...,is this just a buffer BS story to take the heat off BountyGate? Brees just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to take a financial grievance public like that.

(sorry....can't link on the browser I have)

Re: Brees Ticked about Franchise Tag??

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][link]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-drew-brees-livid-franchise-tag-011643713.html[/link]

Or...,is this just a buffer BS story to take the heat off BountyGate? Brees just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to take a financial grievance public like that.

(sorry....can't link on the browser I have)[/quote]

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Veteran

I guess it makes sense in light of the uncertainty they are facing right now. I'd like to know more about what situation my franchise was in while negotiating the biggest deal in it's history.

I don't give a damn about drew brees.

SOOOooo making the the same amount as one of the highest paid QBs for a year makes Him mad ? ( That salary alone would take care of His Grandkids for life )

Just pay him what he wants. He's Drew Brees ffs.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Just pay him what he wants. He's Drew Brees ffs.[/quote]

"Pay him what he wants" is how teams get into CAP hell. I don't think he'll be on food stamps any time soon.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Unless I'm reading the wrong information, his exclusive rights franchise tag price is now the same as a non-exclusive franchise tag price.

Thanks to Peyton getting cut and Eli restructing, the average of the current top 5 QB salaries for 2012 is $14.4 million, same as the non-exclusive QB tag price.

He still has not signed his tag and refuses to.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Just pay him what he wants. He's Drew Brees ffs.[/quote]

"Pay him what he wants" is how teams get into CAP hell.* I don't think he'll be on food stamps any time soon.
    [/quote]
    I just can't believe they're struggling to re-sign their franchise QB. I thought they'd get him out of the way early so they could concentrate on Colston and Nicks.

We should really look into signing him. He just broke the record for yards in a single season. Plus eli is an interception machine. /red