+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laughin' my arss off at the "DeadSkins".

Laughin' my arss off at the "DeadSkins".

Hey "DeadSkin", you just set your franchise back another 5 years. Nice going Snyder.

Re: Laughin' my arss off at the "DeadSkins".

[quote user="ZoneBlitz!!!"]Hey "DeadSkin", you just set your franchise back another 5 years. Nice going Snyder.[/quote]Let me get this out of the way first, I agree with you mainly because Dan Snyder is the owner and he now has a long history of screwing things up. A great coach and GM can't swim upstream against an owner like that.</P>

Having said that, I looked at the outcomes on our first round picks over a 30 year period and what I found was that there were about 2-3 Hall of Famers, 8-10 great players and &gt;12 flat out busts. (Jarred Bunch, Dave Brown, Derek Brown, Ron Dayne etc.) My point is that giving a first round pick doesn't necessarily deplete you plus you conserve that first round money to stretch your cap on other players. No doubt Snyder won't make it work but wanted to point out our record (presumably the same with other teams) with 1st round picks.</P>
    No one remembers who came in second.

To be a bit fair to the Redskins, this trade only seems like a lot because we are used to the old CBA and how draft picks were valued in that system. You also have to account for the fact 3 other teams were in the bidding process for the #2 pick as well. With that said, we won't know if this trade was a bust until all of the picks begin to play on the field. Lots of people said the Eli trade was us overpaying but that turned out to not be true.

Veteran

Pocket passing QBs win Championships in the NFL

Also RGIII has all ready sustained an ACL tear

Good luck Redskins but I cant see this working out well

Veteran

[quote user="jints10"]Pocket passing QBs win Championships in the NFL

[/quote]

RGIII is a pocket QB! Don't get it confused because he's a great athlete!

Veteran

[quote user="DVision"][quote user="jints10"]Pocket passing QBs win Championships in the NFL

[/quote]

RGIII is a pocket QB! Don't get it confused because he's a great athlete![/quote]
    Come on man running the football is part of his game, he had like 2,200 yards rushing in college. When you run in the NFL you miss out on down field coverage breakdowns and also risk injury. The guy has all ready had an ACL tear. Bad combos and high risk for the picks they are giving away

Veteran

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="DVision"][quote user="jints10"]Pocket passing QBs win Championships in the NFL

[/quote]

RGIII is a pocket QB! Don't get it confused because he's a great athlete![/quote]
    Come on man running the football is part of his game, he had like 2,200 yards rushing in college. When you run in the NFL you miss out on down field coverage breakdowns and also risk injury. The guy has all ready had an ACL tear. Bad combos and high risk for the picks they are giving away
    [/quote]

Running the football was part of his offense! Yeah he can run the football! He was a 72.4% passer who through 36 td and 6 INT's! He has great accuracy and can throw the deep ball! To assume that he is just gonna be another Vick or McNabb is stupid! Mobile QB's with good accuracy can win the SB with the right pieces around them! Ask Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers!

And to think because he tore his ACL in 2009 that somehow that's a strike against him is wrong! Come on now! YOU just said running is a part of his game. He played every game the past 2 seasons and has had no problems! You act as if he's coming of an ACL tear and has not shown anything! I guess you know more than the doctors that did his surgery and the myriad of doctors that have evaluated him though!

+ Reply to Thread