Now that I heard the all financiial terms of why Jacobs was cut, I firmly believe that cutting Jacobs was a stupid move. Jerry Reese made a bad move. Here is why.
1. It is true Jacobs productivity is on the decline and it is probably safe to say this may have been his last productive year, but there is more to a player like him than full productivity. He was a true force on and off the field.
2. I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of thetrue leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn
3. Despite his decline in overall productivity, he was still a good blocker and still played proficient eneough to resign for 2 million. The guy could still play. he gave money back last year to resign Bradshaw and now they stick it to him.
4. Who is going to take his place? Danny Ware? LOL Darrel Scott? Maybe. Bradshaw is never 100% and now we have a weakness that must be addressed through the draft or free agency. We have other needs and now this just complicates matters
5. Sorry, as much as I think Jerry Reese gets it right 9 out of 10 times, I cannot drink the kool-aid on this one. Reese messed up this one.