+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pre game huddle? Short yardage? Hype man? Emotional leader? Big game performer?

Jacobs was a lot more than just a RB... there's a huge coid that needs to be filled that seems pretty silly not to sign him for only $500,000 more.

I realize $500,000 is a lot of money to sign draft picks or UDFA's(Cruz) but now what?

We had to replace Strahan as the vocal leader... it took awhile but Jacobs emerged into that voice in our locker room & sidelines. The passion he poured out every Sunday is not easily replaced.....

Jacobs also saved his best for big games.... Patriots games he absused them. GB, he absused them. Dallas? He DESTROYED them. Jets? He hit little brother in the mouth.

The thought of Bradshaw as of premier back is very unsettling... Jacobs set the tone & got our offense going....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Pre game huddle? Short yardage? Hype man? Emotional leader? Big game performer?

Jacobs was awful in short yardage.

Re: Pre game huddle? Short yardage? Hype man? Emotional leader? Big game performer?

[quote user="gmen0820"]Jacobs was awful in short yardage.[/quote]

All time rushing TD leader begs to differ.

Jacobs was unsuccessful on 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 because EVERYONE knew he was running up the gut & the line never got any push. Often Jacobs would be met in the backfield by a blitz coming clean off the edge. They practically took the hand off with him at times...

It's tough to pick up any yardage when your linemen barely get any push let alone get pushed back the majority of the time.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="gmen0820"]Jacobs was awful in short yardage.[/quote]

Jacobs was unsuccessful on 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 because EVERYONE knew he was running up the gut & the line never got any push. Often Jacobs would be met in the backfield by a blitz coming clean off the edge. They practically took the hand off with him at times...

It's tough to pick up any yardage when your linemen barely get any push let alone get pushed back the majority of the time.
    [/quote]So you're proving my point that he didn't convert short down yardage consistently?

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="gmen0820"]Jacobs was awful in short yardage.[/quote]

[/quote]So you're proving my point that he didn't convert short down yardage consistently?[/quote]

You make it seem like it's because of him.

If our line would get even the slightest push instead of getting pushed back he would of picked it up more times than not... for some reason our line never got much of a push. Also Gilbride was far too predictable allowing the defense to setup perfectly.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

I'm not too worried about the emotional leader part since we still have Tuck and I could see guys like Cruz and possibly Mitch Petrus stepping up for us on offense.

Also, it's probably better for Jacobs himself to move on to another team since his play is so reliant on this offensive line playing great. Though I think he will return when the market doesn't give him what he wants.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="gmen0820"]Jacobs was awful in short yardage.[/quote]

[/quote]So you're proving my point that he didn't convert short down yardage consistently?[/quote]

You make it seem like it's because of him.

If our line would get even the slightest push instead of getting pushed back he would of picked it up more times than not... for some reason our line never got much of a push. Also Gilbride was far too predictable allowing the defense to setup perfectly.
    [/quote]And who can't convert short yardage with great blocking? Hardly an accomplishment.

I agree with everything else about Jacobs, but he was far from good in short yardage.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm not too worried about the emotional leader part since we still have Tuck and I could see guys like Cruz and possibly Mitch Petrus stepping up for us on offense.

Also, it's probably better for Jacobs himself to move on to another team since his play is so reliant on this offensive line playing great. Though I think he will return when the market doesn't give him what he wants.[/quote]

Lol Petrus? Cruz is too mild mannered to be that role.

Tuck's pre game speech was great... gave me chills.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

players need to learn from example.

I expect players like JPP to step up and be vocal next year.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm not too worried about the emotional leader part since we still have Tuck and I could see guys like Cruz and possibly Mitch Petrus stepping up for us on offense.

Also, it's probably better for Jacobs himself to move on to another team since his play is so reliant on this offensive line playing great. Though I think he will return when the market doesn't give him what he wants.[/quote]

Lol Petrus? Cruz is too mild mannered to be that role.

Tuck's pre game speech was great... gave me chills.
    [/quote]Petrus is an animal out there emotionally. If he can step up his play and contribute, it's not too far fetched to expect him to develop into a possible leader in a year or two. Cruz might be mild mannered in his interviews but have you seen him on the field after other teammates make plays or during the pre game warmups? He loves this team and I think he really wants to stay here.

I guess I'm not as worried as you because I'm banking on the fact Jacobs isn't going to find what he wants and I think he comes back for another year.