+ Reply to Thread

Evaluate positions: FB RB WR and TE

(Theme: Where can we improve throught FA and draft)
    Q1: Who do we cut?
    Q2: Who do you prefer as replacement or improvement via FA or draft?

IMO...
    * RB Via DRAFT OR FA (I would like to see what Brown and Scott can do to spell Bradshaw. Ware was adequate. However we need to have competition so either bring in another experienced FA RB reasonably priced or add rookie via draft. However they must be versatile in running, blocking and being able to catch the ball !!!) Dave Megget or Rodney Hampton type!!!
    * RB Via Draft OR FA
    * WR Via Draft
    * TE Via Draft

=== FB === (Keep 1)
    45 Hynoski, Henry FB 6'1" 266 Exp 1 Pittsburgh

=== RB === (Keep 4)
    33 Scott, Da'Rel RB 5'11"210 Exp 1 Maryland
    Brown, Andre RB 6'0" 227 Exp 2 NC State
    44 Bradshaw, A RB 5'10" 214 Exp5 Marshall
    28 Ware, D.J. RB 6'0" 225 Exp 5 Georgia
    Via FA or DRAFT

=== WR === (Keep 7) This is easy
    12 Jernigan, Jerrel WR 5'8" 189 Exp1 Troy
    80 Cruz, Victor WR 6'0" 204 Exp2 Mass
    13 Barden, RamsesWR 6'6" 224 Exp3 Cal Poly
    88 Nicks, Hakeem WR 6'1" 208 Exp3 NC
    15 Thomas, Devin WR 6'2" 221 Exp4 Mich State
    87 Hixon, Domenik WR 6'2"197 Exp 6 Akron
    Rookie via Draft

Loose MM via FA and Cut CM
    82 Manningham, M WR 6'0" 185 Exp4 Michigan
    83 Clayton, Michael WR6'3" 202 Exp8 LSU

=== TE === (Keep4)
    Hopkins, Chris TE 6'5" 255 Exp 0Toledo
    85 Ballard, Jake TE 6'6" 275 Exp1 Ohio State
    47 Beckum, TravisTE6'3" 234 Exp3 Wisconsin
    86 Pascoe, Bear TE6'5" 283 Exp3 Fresno State
    Tamme TE
    Rookie via Draft

CUT BECKUM

Re: Evaluate positions: FB RB WR and TE

Nice analysis, I agree with pretty much everything you say if everyone stays healthy except I wouldn't sign Tamme, I'd go for Shaincoe

TEs: I have to say that other than Pascoe and Ballard, I could do without the rest of them. I don't know who Hopkins is, so he does not exist on my roster. I would bring in 2 TEs from F.A. and/or the draft.

FBs: Hynoski is great, so that is that.

RBs: Bradshaw (of course), Draft/FA one, Scott and Ware fight for reps. I am not a Ware fan, and only know that Scott can fly... other than that, I am not ready to take Scott over Ware yet.

WRs: The obvious four are Nicks, Cruz, Jernigan and Hixon. If I had to keep 6, then I would keep Thomas for his special teams play, and look into replacing Bardem via F.A. or the draft. If I had to keep 7, then I would give Bardem one last shot at proving himself.

Starter

[quote user="Bohemian"]TEs: I have to say that other than Pascoe and Ballard, I could do without the rest of them.* I don't know who Hopkins is, so he does not exist on my roster.* I would bring in 2 TEs from F.A. and/or the draft.

RBs: Bradshaw (of course), Draft/FA one, Scott and Ware fight for reps.* I am not a Ware fan, and only know that Scott can fly... other than that, I am not ready to take Scott over Ware yet.

WRs: The obvious four are Nicks, Cruz, Jernigan and Hixon.* If I had to keep 6, then I would keep Thomas for his special teams play, and look into replacing Bardem via F.A. or the draft.* If I had to keep 7, then I would give Bardem one last shot at proving himself.

[/quote]

Hopkins is coming out of 1 year in the practice squad, the same as Ballard did a year ago. Hopefully he can contribute some.

[quote user="PRFan"][quote user="Bohemian"]TEs: I have to say that other than Pascoe and Ballard, I could do without the rest of them. I don't know who Hopkins is, so he does not exist on my roster. I would bring in 2 TEs from F.A. and/or the draft.

RBs: Bradshaw (of course), Draft/FA one, Scott and Ware fight for reps. I am not a Ware fan, and only know that Scott can fly... other than that, I am not ready to take Scott over Ware yet.

WRs: The obvious four are Nicks, Cruz, Jernigan and Hixon. If I had to keep 6, then I would keep Thomas for his special teams play, and look into replacing Bardem via F.A. or the draft. If I had to keep 7, then I would give Bardem one last shot at proving himself.

[/quote]

Hopkins is coming out of 1 year in the practice squad, the same as Ballard did a year ago. Hopefully he can contribute some.[/quote]

If Hopkins is an upgrade over Beckum, then I am for it... otherwise, we don't need another Beckum. I really dislike Beckum... can't believe we actually spent a draft pick on a TE who can't block.