+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any news on Petrus

Is he going to remain at guard? I love him in that position. I didn't see anyone get by him and in the face of Eli.

Re: Any news on Petrus

Nice push on runs too! Please god, keep this o-line. Sit Baas down.

[quote user="fourth&forever"]Nice push on runs too! Please god, keep this o-line. Sit Baas down.[/quote]

I hate to demote (sit) any starter down...BUT this is it. Sunday is do or die for the jints. Whatever worked on sunday against the packers, needs to be repeated in texas.
    I miss Red Hook!

Wasnt he the guard for mcfadden amd jones and opened up. holes for them.

Time for BPA down the stretch. Even Eli talked about how well Petrus did.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Time for BPA down the stretch. Even Eli talked about how well Petrus did.
    [/quote]
    Too bad we know they'll put Bass back in there when he's healthy....just like the O'Hara thing last year....I hate this "seniority" system

All-Pro

Not only did he hold his own, he did it against a very good player.

They should use the same OL line up against Dallas. That was as good as they looked all year. They also averaged 5 yards per carry.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]Time for BPA down the stretch. Even Eli talked about how well Petrus did.
    [/quote]
    Too bad we know they'll put Bass back in there when he's healthy....just like the O'Hara thing last year....I hate this "seniority" system
    [/quote]

That doesn't mean they won't leave Petrus at Guard.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="buddy33"]Not only did he hold his own, he did it against a very good player.

They should use the same OL line up against Dallas. That was as good as they looked all year. They also averaged 5 yards per carry.[/quote]

+1

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]Time for BPA down the stretch.* Even Eli talked about how well Petrus did.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I think you're wrong on this.

There is no "seniority system" at play here.

O'hara's situation last year was far different than Baas' this year. One was a 11 year veteran starting center with the Giants, who had proven himself as a reliable and effective starting center for this team the past 7 years. The coaches, in retrospect, misjudged O'Hara's health and game-ready status when they returned him to starting status late last year, and it back-fired. Shaun was not, as it turned out, either healthy enough or game-ready enough to perform at his accustomed level.

The other is a 2011 FA who has played OK at times, and not so OK at other times this season. He has not "earned" any automatic return as starter if TC and the other offensive coaches think Boothe performs better in practice this week, combined with his praised performance vs the Packers.

The fact that Coughlin made a very big --and rare, for him -- point of singling out Boothe's (and Petrus') performance vs the Packers suggests to me that, depending on their respective practice results this week, Boothe and Petrus could very well be starting again this Sunday.