+ Reply to Thread

Evalute DB Psns (This is tough)

(Theme: Where can we improve throught FA and draft)
    Q1: Who do we cut?
    Q2: Who do you prefer as replacement or improvement via FA or draft?

* I think we are ok with 6 of the CBs we have!!!
    * Rookie Safety via Draft
    We don't know if Chad Jones will return healthy and we need to replace Deon Grant

=== Safety === (Keep 4)
    39 Sash, Tyler S 6'0" 215 Exp1 Iowa
    21 Phillips, Kenny S 6'2" 217 Exp4 Miami
    26 Rolle, Antrel S 6'0" 206 Exp6 Miami
    35 Jones, Chad S 6'2" ? Exp1 LSU
    * Rookie via Draft

CUT
    34 Grant, Deon S 6'2" 215 Exp12 Tennessee

=== CB === (Keep 6)
    20 Amukamara,Pr CB 6'0" 207 Exp1 Nebraska
    25 Johnson,Bruce CB 5'11" 182 Exp3 Miami
    29 Witherspoon,B CB 5'10" 180 Exp3 Stillman
    37 Coe, Michael CB 6'0" 187 Exp4 AlabamaSt
    24 Thomas,Terrell CB 6'0" 191 Exp4 USC
    30 Tryon, Justin CB 5'9" 183 Exp4 ArizonaSt
    31 Ross, Aaron CB 6'0" 190 Exp5 Texas
    23 Webster, CoreyCB6'0" 200 Exp7 LSU

Likely CUT do to $$$ ???
    Aaron Ross although i want to keep him and TT

SPECIAL TEAMS
    36 Blackmon,Will CB 6'0" 210 Exp1 BC

Re: Evalute DB Psns (This is tough)

As far as safeties go: Phillips and Rolle are the obvious starters, but Sash and Jones will not be enough to guarantee ourselves back-up talent. Free agency and the draft should provide a couple of players to complete for that fourth spot. Which probably means that Sash is the preferred choice for that 3rd spot... but we have yet to see Jones wear the uniform.

About CBs: Price and Web are clear starters... after that, it gets weird. Ross is a UFA, and looks like he could get better offers somewhere else (because other teams are more desperate for his services). Thomas should be given the opportunity to prove that should complete for Prince's position. I really have no idea about the other 3. They all seem to be mediocre, and that in itself is scary, because I don't want Ross back. Free agency and the draft could help out here.

Re: Evalute DB Psns (This is tough)

[quote user="Bohemian"]As far as safeties go: Phillips and Rolle are the obvious starters, but Sash and Jones will not be enough to guarantee ourselves back-up talent.* Free agency and the draft should provide a couple of players to complete for that fourth spot.* Which probably means that Sash is the preferred choice for that 3rd spot... but we have yet to see Jones wear the uniform.

About CBs: Price and Web are clear starters... after that, it gets weird.* Ross is a UFA, and looks like he could get better offers somewhere else (because other teams are more desperate for his services).* Thomas should be given the opportunity to prove that should complete for Prince's position.* I really have no idea about the other 3.* They all seem to be mediocre, and that in itself is scary, because I don't want Ross back.* Free agency and the draft could help out here.
    [/quote]

I would keep Tryon, at the very least.

The fact that he played his final game of the year with a broken arm for more than one half the game--and made a big play on special teams coverage with it, before coming out of the game--tells me all I need to know about his ability, toughness, desire and attitude. And his injury, a broken arm, is not an injury that makes you doubtful of his ability to return to form (unlike a knee). We bring him back.