+ Reply to Thread

What the BJ move says about our O-Line.

Jacobs was at his best when he did'nt meet a defender until 3+ yards upfield, through a clearly open hole. Our current O-line could not, and probably will not this season, get the push on opposing DL's to make that happen.

I see it as this, pay the man, and you muuuust get GOOD, run blocking help on the o-line to make Jacobs worth the money he would earn.
    OR
    cut ties with him, and allow backs who are less bruisers, and more able to run horizontal, make quick cuts, and find more holes step up and place less necessity on fixing our o-line.

also with eli carrying the team, and our o-line doing pretty decent at pass protecting, i wouldn't be suprised if we make the switch from run first - to pass first (if we already didn't this season)

So this move to me says alot about what the FO thinksof/will do about our O-line.

Re: What the BJ move says about our O-Line.

I agree we are a pass first team, which also fits KG's style. However droping BJ is a cap move pure and simple.

Re: What the BJ move says about our O-Line.

I think the move was not about the oline at all, it was about the $$$ his age his production and his desire to be a featured back.

Coughlin using his Tablet