+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My biggest concern at the RB position is blitz pickup....

Jacobs used to STONEWALL anyone who tried to get to Eli...

Can Scott pickup a blitz?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

My biggest concern at the RB position is blitz pickup....

Jacobs used to STONEWALL anyone who tried to get to Eli...

Can Scott pickup a blitz?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: My biggest concern at the RB position is blitz pickup....

Bradshaw is another great blocker. Ware sucks at it. Scott hasn't had much of a chance yet. To be continued...

I really think that this was a concern about three years ago, as Bradshaw could not block anything coming around the corner... but that has definitely changed. Jacobs saw less and less time on third down, and Ware took over. I think that we will see Bradshaw keep on improving, just as he has the last couple of years. Bradshaw's pass blocking was one of the pleasant surprises for me last season. He has come a long way.

Jacobs was great at it, but he was never a running threat out of the gun formation.

Bradshaw is actually the highest rated RB in the league for pass blocking and Jacobs was up there as well. I think that's actually a sign of great coaching from Ingram so I'm confident Scott will grasp it.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Bradshaw is actually the highest rated RB in the league for pass blocking and Jacobs was up there as well. I think that's actually a sign of great coaching from Ingram so I'm confident Scott will grasp it.[/quote]

It is great to read that about Bradshaw. I still see him missing all those blocks against the Saints a couple of years ago, when the game was so close, and Eli was so angry at him. It is the only time that I have seen Eli so angry at anyone, to the point that he actually hit him. That was a weird moment.

I thought that ware did a good job last year, but don't have a high opinion of him as a running back. So, if Scott can really step in and become a meaningful contributor, then it should be a very competitive pre-season.

bradshaw was the better of the two really. blocking wise.

[quote user="Harooni"]bradshaw was the better of the two really. blocking wise.

[/quote]Facts not opinion, please.

[quote user="radar-ray"][quote user="Harooni"]bradshaw was the better of the two really. blocking wise.

[/quote]Facts not opinion, please.[/quote]

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...running-backs/

Uh-oh. Someone has some crow to eat.......

Veteran

The Giants should place a priority on finding a new #1 running back. I'd like to see them draft someone high (i.e., 2nd/3rd round), preferably from a tough conference like the SEC, that places a priority on running against great defenses in huge games.

Outside the SEC, if Chris Polk is available, I'd be happy if the Giants got him.

I'm not expecting Bradshaw to lose his starting job, but hisankles are completely undependable. Trusting him to carries 20+ times for 16 games is insane.

I was on the Da'Rel Scott bandwagon last year...and then he played, and showed a lack of ball security.

DJ Ware is not a #1 back....he's okay, but he's not a game-changer by any means.

I think the Giants can draft somone who will be able to handleblitz pickup...look around the league, there are plenty of rookie RBs that have adjusted to the NFL. Of all the positions on the team, RB is the most forgiving for rookies, IMHO.