+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Terrell Thomas - Negotiations getting a bit bumpy... "time is ticking" he says

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=437182

-Ralph V.

"'Does @TerrellThomas24 think the #NYG will re-sign him? ďIím very
    optimistic, but itís a business. Iíve seen it turn ugly. You look at the
    Steve Smith situation. You canít take that out of the back of your
    mind. Kevin Boss is a guy they drafted, and the Giants were big on
    keeping their picks. I definitely think they want me back. They told me
    they want me back. The conversations started right away. But until that
    ink is dry I canít say Iím coming back. All I can really say is 'Time is
    ticking.'Ē

"Thomas is still dreaming of something bigger, though, which may be why
    negotiations with the Giants have stalled. He points out that in 2010
    the Jacksonville Jaguars gave defensive end Aaron Kampman a four-year,
    $26 million contract with $11 million guaranteed, while he was still
    rehabbing a torn ACL."

If we lose both T2 & Ross that is a tough pill to swallow even if Prince is able to start next season...

ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Terrell Thomas - Negotiations getting a bit bumpy... "time is ticking" he says

I really hope his deal goes through. If not, Prince will have to step up and so will Bruce Johnson or Witherspoon or someone else.

I don't think we'll spend an early draft pick on another CB.

Re: Terrell Thomas - Negotiations getting a bit bumpy... "time is ticking" he says

Keep in mind this is his second torn ACL. It really depends on his progress and if they think he can be 100% by September. If not, they probably won't sign him. Similar situation with Steve Smith last year and look what happened.

He's backing himself into a corner to leave if he expects a contract anywhere close to what was given to Kampman. We are tight with our cap situation and will not overpay for a player coming off his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee in 6 years. I want him back, but I wont hold it against reese and co. if they dont pay him what hes looking for.

I have a bad feeling about this....If he tests the market, he will get more than what the gmen are offering.

If I was him, I would take a 1 yr deal with the giants. prove myself, and seek that contract hes looking for next season.

Veteran

You'd think he'd look at the Boss and Smith Situation and see that the grass isnt greener elsewhere and get in there and sign. If he wants a payday then the best option for him is to sign a one year deal and prove his leg isnt an issue and then next offseason he'll be due a substantial increase that the giants or some other team can feel a lot more comfortable about giving.

Losing both of them would be a very tough hit to us.

All-Pro

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Losing both of them would be a very tough hit to us.[/quote]

Tough, but doable. We won the SB without him. And i'm confident Prince can play better then Ross did. It just boils down to how Fewell is going to do.

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]He's backing himself into a corner to leave if he expects a contract anywhere close to what was given to Kampman. We are tight with our cap situation and will not overpay for a player coming off* his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee in 6 years. I want him back, but I wont hold it against reese and co. if they dont pay him what hes looking for.

I have a bad feeling about this....If he tests the market, he will get more than what the gmen are offering.

If I was him, I would take a 1 yr deal with the giants. prove myself, and seek that contract hes looking for next season.

[/quote]

I think him hitting the market opens all the best possible scenarios.

He sees his value, which could go either way

If hes given a good look, multiple doctors will be looking him over, not just ours which will give a deeper analysis of his physical shape

And lastly, once an evaluation is placed on him Reese can then begin to bargain - at this point he sees himself worth a boatload, and a viable offer gives Reese a realistic number to look at and work from.

All-Pro

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=437182

-Ralph V.

"'Does @TerrellThomas24 think the #NYG will re-sign him? ďIím very optimistic, but itís a business. Iíve seen it turn ugly. You look at the Steve Smith situation. You canít take that out of the back of your mind. Kevin Boss is a guy they drafted, and the Giants were big on keeping their picks. I definitely think they want me back. They told me they want me back. The conversations started right away. But until that ink is dry I canít say Iím coming back. All I can really say is 'Time is ticking.'Ē

"Thomas is still dreaming of something bigger, though, which may be why negotiations with the Giants have stalled. He points out that in 2010 the Jacksonville Jaguars gave defensive end Aaron Kampman a four-year, $26 million contract with $11 million guaranteed, while he was still rehabbing a torn ACL."

If we lose both T2 & Ross that is a tough pill to swallow even if Prince is able to start next season...

[/quote]

I have been saying the Giants wont be able to sign either Thomas or Ross. Both are going to want big money. Not HUGE money but big money. Giants arent going to pay them what they want, especially Thomas. Funny that TT is pointing out what the Jags gave KAmpman. First off, the Jags were WAAAAYY under the cap, Giants arent. Secondly, did you see how Kampman performed coming off that ACL? No? Here are his stats since his injury: He played in8 of 16games in 2010, for 25 tackles and 4 sacks. 2011 he played in 3 games, for a grand total of ZERO tackles.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=437182

-Ralph V.

"'Does @TerrellThomas24 think the #NYG will re-sign him? ďIím very optimistic, but itís a business. Iíve seen it turn ugly. You look at the Steve Smith situation. You canít take that out of the back of your mind. Kevin Boss is a guy they drafted, and the Giants were big on keeping their picks. I definitely think they want me back. They told me they want me back. The conversations started right away. But until that ink is dry I canít say Iím coming back. All I can really say is 'Time is ticking.'Ē

"Thomas is still dreaming of something bigger, though, which may be why negotiations with the Giants have stalled. He points out that in 2010 the Jacksonville Jaguars gave defensive end Aaron Kampman a four-year, $26 million contract with $11 million guaranteed, while he was still rehabbing a torn ACL."

[/quote]

I have been saying the Giants wont be able to sign either Thomas or Ross. Both are going to want big money. Not HUGE money but big money. Giants arent going to pay them what they want, especially Thomas. Funny that TT is pointing out what the Jags gave KAmpman. First off, the Jags were WAAAAYY under the cap, Giants arent. Secondly, did you see how Kampman performed coming off that ACL? No? Here are his stats since his injury: He played in8 of 16games in 2010, for 25 tackles and 4 sacks. 2011 he played in 3 games, for a grand total of ZERO tackles.

[/quote]

If Prince really steps up, though, it might not be the end of the world. Webster, Prince, then all those cheap guys who showed promise then immediately suffered season ending injuries.