Good luck to Brandon Jacobs wherever he might land, but this is an unsettling thing.
Giants even though in a passing friendly league are a Run first team, you have to be late in the season and well into the playoffs.
1. Ahmad Bradshaw has so many reoccurring injuries to the same area it's crazy how relaxed fans are with our RB situation going into the season. " yeah i know in reese we trust." Yeah hes tough as bricks but one good hit to those legs or a improper plant of his foot or pill up and who are we looking at as the next man up after bradshaw?
look at the impact Demarco murray had for romo and look how that turned out when he got injured. every down backs make it easy for the passing game to flourish.
2. We haven't had a every down back since Tiki and that guy use to carry the load on his back for us when Warner was trash and Eli wasn't so hot. With the terrible Line play we need a guy other than bradshaw that can get to the holes faster before they break down cause as much as we don't want to admit it, Jacobs lack of production and him trying to tip toe to the outside was in large part to this O-Line sucking in run blocking.
Cruz can play the Y or the Z but..... hes the best at the Y so why **** with a winning formula
All out of the Y ( slot ) position, i don't know how well he is against getting off jams, which is why i didn't say hes good at the X, Nicks is great as our X.
1. with the departure of Mannigham eminent, once again i just don't see how fans are comfortable what we have outside of the two stars in Nicks and Cruz?
Jerrnigan was drafted to be a Y and a special teams returner. we didn't know the state of cruz coming off season long injury and we also didn't know if the pre season was just a fluke so we drafted JJ12 rightfully so i agreed with reese on this; but Cruz merging as the best Y we have why put Jerrnigan there? Sure cruz has the speed to be a legitimate Deep threat at Z but we lose a lot of production over the middle where he abused defenders. we lose the wheel routes for big gains, we loose the Option routes hes so great at.
"I can't cover no guy running option routes! I go inside, he cuts outside, I go outside, he cuts inside!" - Carlos Rodgers
this is why IMHO getting someone in the draft to replace MM at Z is extremely important for the continuity of Eli and this offense success.
Get SS12 you say?
okay lets explore that forget the fact he betrayed the team this is business and a livelihood he did what was necessary to feed himself and family no harm no foul.
Where do you put him?
he was another great possession slot guy that can also play Z, a slower cruz you might say
this is not what we need going forward we need a guy like Streeter / Hill not exactly those guys but something along that mold in the draft big body, fast, good hands.
i think i read somewhere We were at GT proday. TE.
1. we have none!
2. Beckum was a project that showed minimal profits, then the injury
3. Ballard was a pleseant surprise then the injury we might not have him back till a couple games into the regular season from what i'm reading.
4. Bear Pascoe might be good he came through clutch on a few plays this season, still to be determined if he fits the system, if he was really good at the position i don't think Ballard would of beat him out as the starting TE.
5. Chrisitan Hopkins i think everyone is just buying into the "well they really like him." yeah we really liked clint sintim, Sinorice Moss and Gerris Wilkerson too =/
Why is it absolutely absurd that at the bottom of the first, knowing they will not be there at 64 cause of the direction the league is going due to the emergence of Gronk / Graham / Davis Etc. to get someone that can move the chains in a legitimate TE.
YES!!! WE DO USE OUR TE's smfh - Shockey was killing people over the middle in the seam routes with Eli before he matured into the man he is now. give him another threat at that position and watch him cut down on his Interceptions to single digits, without having to throw the ball away. i keep saying watch how witten bails out romo all the time this is something that we need to stay competitive in this league.
Fleener to me blocks, runs good routes, breaks tackles with a frame that can grow, and has good hands all were waiting on is his 40 time and everything will fall into place for that kid 4.4 - 4.6 and hes golden.
In closing don't have to respond if its too much to take in but if you take anything out of this i hope its this.
ELI is an Elite QB give him weapons and watch us orchestrate another late post season run