+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Just a thought ( long read )

RB.

Good luck to Brandon Jacobs wherever he might land, but this is an unsettling thing.
    Giants even though in a passing friendly league are a Run first team, you have to be late in the season and well into the playoffs.

1. Ahmad Bradshaw has so many reoccurring injuries to the same area it's crazy how relaxed fans are with our RB situation going into the season. " yeah i know in reese we trust." Yeah hes tough as bricks but one good hit to those legs or a improper plant of his foot or pill up and who are we looking at as the next man up after bradshaw?

look at the impact Demarco murray had for romo and look how that turned out when he got injured. every down backs make it easy for the passing game to flourish.

2. We haven't had a every down back since Tiki and that guy use to carry the load on his back for us when Warner was trash and Eli wasn't so hot. With the terrible Line play we need a guy other than bradshaw that can get to the holes faster before they break down cause as much as we don't want to admit it, Jacobs lack of production and him trying to tip toe to the outside was in large part to this O-Line sucking in run blocking.

WR.

Cruz can play the Y or the Z but..... hes the best at the Y so why **** with a winning formula
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQXCwvEWZI&feature=related[/link]
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwj90GMIeu8&feature=related[/link]
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCP83KkcQ-A&feature=related[/link]
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDgDyPuLNI[/link]

All out of the Y ( slot ) position, i don't know how well he is against getting off jams, which is why i didn't say hes good at the X, Nicks is great as our X.

1. with the departure of Mannigham eminent, once again i just don't see how fans are comfortable what we have outside of the two stars in Nicks and Cruz?

Jerrnigan was drafted to be a Y and a special teams returner. we didn't know the state of cruz coming off season long injury and we also didn't know if the pre season was just a fluke so we drafted JJ12 rightfully so i agreed with reese on this; but Cruz merging as the best Y we have why put Jerrnigan there? Sure cruz has the speed to be a legitimate Deep threat at Z but we lose a lot of production over the middle where he abused defenders. we lose the wheel routes for big gains, we loose the Option routes hes so great at.

"I can't cover no guy running option routes! I go inside, he cuts outside, I go outside, he cuts inside!" - Carlos Rodgers

this is why IMHO getting someone in the draft to replace MM at Z is extremely important for the continuity of Eli and this offense success.

Get SS12 you say?

okay lets explore that forget the fact he betrayed the team this is business and a livelihood he did what was necessary to feed himself and family no harm no foul.
    Where do you put him?
    he was another great possession slot guy that can also play Z, a slower cruz you might say
    this is not what we need going forward we need a guy like Streeter / Hill not exactly those guys but something along that mold in the draft big body, fast, good hands.
    i think i read somewhere We were at GT proday.

TE.

1. we have none!
    2. Beckum was a project that showed minimal profits, then the injury
    3. Ballard was a pleseant surprise then the injury we might not have him back till a couple games into the regular season from what i'm reading.
    4. Bear Pascoe might be good he came through clutch on a few plays this season, still to be determined if he fits the system, if he was really good at the position i don't think Ballard would of beat him out as the starting TE.
    5. Chrisitan Hopkins i think everyone is just buying into the "well they really like him." yeah we really liked clint sintim, Sinorice Moss and Gerris Wilkerson too =/

Why is it absolutely absurd that at the bottom of the first, knowing they will not be there at 64 cause of the direction the league is going due to the emergence of Gronk / Graham / Davis Etc. to get someone that can move the chains in a legitimate TE.

YES!!! WE DO USE OUR TE's smfh - Shockey was killing people over the middle in the seam routes with Eli before he matured into the man he is now. give him another threat at that position and watch him cut down on his Interceptions to single digits, without having to throw the ball away. i keep saying watch how witten bails out romo all the time this is something that we need to stay competitive in this league.

Fleener to me blocks, runs good routes, breaks tackles with a frame that can grow, and has good hands all were waiting on is his 40 time and everything will fall into place for that kid 4.4 - 4.6 and hes golden.

In closing don't have to respond if its too much to take in but if you take anything out of this i hope its this.

ELI is an Elite QB give him weapons and watch us orchestrate another late post season run

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: Just a thought ( long read )

we are a pass 1st team now.

[quote user="Garbloz"]we are a pass 1st team now.[/quote]

+1! We are no longer a run first team. It is quite obvious.

Veteran

Ahhh....No

We are a run first Play action team.

this year we went more with the passing game cause it was working in larger part due to the maturation of Eli and the receivers.

just cause we passed more than run in one year doesn't discredit or abolish a offensive philosophy that has been sound in this teams history for years. Now if were passing more over the next couple of years than running then its fair to say we have made the transition but until then we are still a run first team and really need an Every Down Running back.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"][quote user="Garbloz"]we are a pass 1st team now.[/quote]

+1! We are no longer a run first team. It is quite obvious.[/quote]

The League is now a pass-first league, the rules are set up that way, but OP is right, the GIANTS want to run the ball a lot better than we did last year.

I do believe that we will address the RB position. They are the easiest guys to find now.

In terms of TE, I think we may have gotten a good one to fall right back into our laps in Kevin Boss. We should have a good chance of getting him.

At WR, I think that Jernigan and/or Barden will be looked at to step up.

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="nhpgiantsfan"][quote user="Garbloz"]we are a pass 1st team now.[/quote]

The League is now a pass-first league, the rules are set up that way, but OP is right, the GIANTS want to run the ball a lot better than we did last year.

I do believe that we will address the RB position.* They are the easiest guys to find now.

In terms of TE, I think we may have gotten a good one to fall right back into our laps in Kevin Boss.* We should have a
    good chance of getting him.

At WR, I think that Jernigan
    and/or Barden will be looked at to step up.
    [/quote]

Well considering we were like the last ranked running team last year, I would say, yes obviously they want to run the ball better than they did last year. Nobody said we didn't need to run better. That being said, with Eli Nicks and Cruz, our offense is based on our passing game. We were one of the most vertical teams in the league this year. Historically we've been a run first team, but not anymore. Old school giants fans, myself included, need to accept that...

Veteran

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="nhpgiantsfan"][quote user="Garbloz"]we are a pass 1st team now.[/quote] +1! We are no longer a run first team. It is quite obvious.[/quote]

I do believe that we will address the RB position. They are the easiest guys to find now.

In terms of TE, I think we may have gotten a good one to fall right back into our laps in Kevin Boss. We should have a good chance of getting him.

At WR, I think that Jernigan and/or Barden will be looked at to step up.
    [/quote] Well considering we were like the last ranked running team last year, I would say, yes obviously they want to run the ball better than they did last year. Nobody said we didn't need to run better. That being said, with Eli Nicks and Cruz, our offense is based on our passing game. We were one of the most vertical teams in the league this year. Historically we've been a run first team, but not anymore. Old school giants fans, myself included, need to accept that...[/quote]

You cannot say were not a run first team anymore based off one year. thats just crazy talk. we are still a run first team with the ability to switch to a deadly passing attack on whim. like i said if were passing the ball 70/30 over the course of the next couple of years then okay its an argument; but due to the fact that the oline sucked at run blocking and we couldn't get the run game started so we resorted to the passing game that lets be honest...

Surprised everyone

you cannot just say okay were a passing team now, its not that simple the whole offensive playbook will have to change, the training regimen as well and the philosophy tought to the players old and new would have to be redirected to actually say okay the new york giants are a passing first team now.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="nhpgiantsfan"][quote user="Garbloz"]we are a pass 1st team now.[/quote]

In terms of TE, I think we may have gotten a good one to fall right back into our laps in Kevin Boss. We should have a
    good chance of getting him.

At WR, I think that Jernigan
    and/or Barden will be looked at to step up.
    [/quote]

Well considering we were like the last ranked running team last year, I would say, yes obviously they want to run the ball better than they did last year. Nobody said we didn't need to run better. That being said, with Eli Nicks and Cruz, our offense is based on our passing game. We were one of the most vertical teams in the league this year. Historically we've been a run first team, but not anymore. Old school giants fans, myself included, need to accept that...[/quote]

I think Gilbride and Coughlin at a minimum want a lot more balance than we had last year.

We probably will continue to throw it more than we have prior to last year, but I really think that a big goal will be to settler the o-line quickly, and get another RB in the mix, and give Eli a good run game to go with the great passing attack that we have.

Where I agree with you is the general consensus on the de-emphasis of the run game and the de-valuation of the RB position. It is now more than ever a QB league, and we have one of the top-5.

But let's try and give him a great run game to lean on again, at least lets hope they get one for him.

Starter

Reese is saying about Hopkins what he said about Ballard last year. The odds are against it but I think at least he will be serviceable.
    DJ Ware is what he is and i hope Scott or even Brown 2 years remove from injury can leapfrog him in the dephchart.
    I wouldn't mind high picks in TE, RB, OL or DE. Heck even LB. We will see what drops in the draft, if we go secondary or DL it's because a good one drop!

Regarding RB: I think the core problem is the line, just terrible, and amazing we won a championship with that line. I do think Jacobs is done, but the fact that the line couldn't give a 260 lb runner a hole on 3rd and 1 is discouraging, and we all cringed as Eli took a pounding in SF.

I think Bradshaw is at the end of his useful years (maybe we get another 1-2 years out of him) but he's already walking wounded and never lasts a whole season. But I'm more worried about the line because RBs come and go it's relatively easy to find a productive RB in the draft (compared to other positions).
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells