+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NFL.COM-Manning/Rivers trade greatest draft trade of all time

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...in-nfl-history

it has us as the #1 draft trade of all time. I think its safe to say we made out like bandits with that trade...

how sweet is it that a few years ago, many thought SD took us, now its accepted widely that we took them for a ride with that trade...big props for EA...you know he took heat for that trade, and wasn't even the GM when we won our first SB...it was awesome for the Giants to still give him a ring, it was his roster after all...

Veteran

Re: NFL.COM-Manning/Rivers trade greatest draft trade of all time

Well that article was written pre 2007 season so if those analysts could go back and re-state what they stated I am sure they would. Since than Phillip Rivers has gone down hill and Eli has emerged as a potential hall of fame QB. So Ernie got that one right. He wanted Eli because he felt Eli was the kind of QB that could take a team that was down 1 score to a super bowl championship. Good for him.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8079f3cf/article/top-10-draft-trades-in-nfl-history it has us as the #1 draft trade of all time. I think its safe to say we made out like bandits with that trade... how sweet is it that a few years ago, many thought SD took us, now its accepted widely that we took them for a ride with that trade...big props for EA...you know he took heat for that trade, and wasn't even the GM when we won our first SB...it was awesome for the Giants to still give him a ring, it was his roster after all...[/quote]

EA had a good feeling about Eli as we all know. He made an informed choice and gambled on it. It paid off.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="foosball"]Well that article was written pre 2007 season so if those analysts could go back and re-state what they stated I am sure they would.* Since than Phillip Rivers has gone down hill and Eli has emerged as a potential hall of fame QB.* So Ernie got that one right.* He wanted Eli because he felt Eli was the kind of QB that could take a team that was down 1 score to a super bowl championship.* Good for him.*
    [/quote]

no it is recent. the one from a year ago has this trade at #8...being #1 leads me to believe it was done recently...

edit- it was last updated

Updated: May 10, 2011 at 08:09 p.m.

so before this SB win... maybe they'll update it again but cant think of a reaon too

Starter

NAH, couldn't b

Starter

[quote user="foosball"]Well that article was written pre 2007 season so if those analysts could go back and re-state what they stated I am sure they would. Since than Phillip Rivers has gone down hill and Eli has emerged as a potential hall of fame QB. So Ernie got that one right. He wanted Eli because he felt Eli was the kind of QB that could take a team that was down 1 score to a super bowl championship. Good for him.
    [/quote]

NAH, couldn't b

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="foosball"]Well that article was written pre 2007 season so if those analysts could go back and re-state what they stated I am sure they would. Since than Phillip Rivers has gone down hill and Eli has emerged as a potential hall of fame QB. So Ernie got that one right. He wanted Eli because he felt Eli was the kind of QB that could take a team that was down 1 score to a super bowl championship. Good for him.
    [/quote]

no it is recent. the one from a year ago has this trade at #8...being #1 leads me to believe it was done recently...

edit- it was last updated

Updated: May 10, 2011 at 08:09 p.m.

so before this SB win... maybe they'll update it again but cant think of a reaon too[/quote]

I was talking about the video. The video is dated September 2007.

Wait, the linkt has the Manning/Rivers deal as #10?

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Wait, the linkt has the Manning/Rivers deal as #10?[/quote]You are right. Another post where they never even read the article. We can do better than that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Maybe the video says differently? NFL.com videos won't open for me.