+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NEW YORK GIANTS' DRAFT STRATEGY, THE TRUTH ABOUT JERRY REESE

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: NEW YORK GIANTS' DRAFT STRATEGY, THE TRUTH ABOUT JERRY REESE

It doesn't matter what his scheme is, as long as he keep drafting the way he drafting every year, he is doing a great job and thanks to the guys out there scouting players.

This article was comical at the end, saying that Reese knew he had Ballard and Cruz to replace Boss and Smith. He was ****ting bricks and signed several wide-outs. He had no freaking idea Cruz would blossom to the player he is now. And I bet he envisioned a Pascoe/Beckum combination to tide them over a year at TE, I seriously doubt anyone believed Ballard was the real deal before the season began.

I love Jerry Reese, and I do think he drafts today to replace next year's, and the following year's free agents; but saying he wasn't out fishing for wide outs?That's BS. He signed Thomas, and drafted Jernigan. He expected Hixon to be on the field, not Cruz, just like the rest of us. We all hoped Cruz was the three touchdown superstar we saw against the Jets the previous preseason; but to say Jerry was counting on it? Come on, that's just stupid.

I think you'll see him take the best player in the first, especially if there's a really good tackle left, and he'll start looking down the road in the second or third round. A running back has to come somewhere in the first four rounds; but other than that I think we'll see more surprises this year, more understudies for guys who are going to be free agents in two or three years. That's just smart GM work in the salary cap era, and a big reason why we haven't endured a losing season in quite a while. Jerry's constantly rebuilding, and doesn't let all his talent go to hell at once.

[quote user="NorwoodBlue"]This article was comical at the end, saying that Reese knew he had Ballard and Cruz to replace Boss and Smith. He was ****ting bricks and signed several wide-outs. He had no freaking idea Cruz would blossom to the player he is now. And I bet he envisioned a Pascoe/Beckum combination to tide them over a year at TE, I seriously doubt anyone believed Ballard was the real deal before the season began.

I love Jerry Reese, and I do think he drafts today to replace next year's, and the following year's free agents; but saying he wasn't out fishing for wide outs?That's BS. He signed Thomas, and drafted Jernigan. He expected Hixon to be on the field, not Cruz, just like the rest of us. We all hoped Cruz was the three touchdown superstar we saw against the Jets the previous preseason; but to say Jerry was counting on it? Come on, that's just stupid.

I think you'll see him take the best player in the first, especially if there's a really good tackle left, and he'll start looking down the road in the second or third round. A running back has to come somewhere in the first four rounds; but other than that I think we'll see more surprises this year, more understudies for guys who are going to be free agents in two or three years. That's just smart GM work in the salary cap era, and a big reason why we haven't endured a losing season in quite a while. Jerry's constantly rebuilding, and doesn't let all his talent go to hell at once.
    [/quote]

I have to disagree. They know far more about their players that we ever will. Did he know how much of an impact both Cruz and Ballard would make, no. But he does have a good feel for potential and those are two shining examples as were Hixon and Bradshaw.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

Wow, somebody is suggesting that Jerry Reese does not select best player available.....how absurd!

[quote user="jmike"]Wow, somebody is suggesting that Jerry Reese does not select best player available.....how absurd!
    [/quote]

JR said in an interview with NFL network that he does BPA.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"]Wow, somebody is suggesting that Jerry Reese does not select best player available.....how absurd!
    [/quote]

JR said in an interview with NFL network that he does BPA.[/quote]
    He certainly does. The Prince and JPP picks were both BPA picks of positions that we didn't really need.

Even though the Nicks pick was a position that we needed for that year, I still think Reese viewed him as the BPA, as he was in my opinion.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"]Wow, somebody is suggesting that Jerry Reese does not select best player available.....how absurd!
    [/quote]

He certainly does. The Prince and JPP picks were both BPA picks of positions that we didn't really need.

Even though the Nicks pick was a position that we needed for that year, I still think Reese viewed him as the BPA, as he was in my opinion.
    [/quote]

BPA is a funny term..its who the giants consider the BPA..doesnt mean other teams evaluate the same way...I was under the impression that JR targets specific poitions until I saw that interview on the NFL network.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"]Wow, somebody is suggesting that Jerry Reese does not select best player available.....how absurd!
    [/quote]

[/quote]

BPA is a funny term..its who the giants consider the BPA..doesnt mean other teams evaluate the same way...I was under the impression that JR targets specific poitions until I saw that interview on the NFL network.[/quote]
    Yea, every team pretty much has a list of who they think is the BPA at each pick. Thankfully, our top scout Marc Ross is a brilliant talent evaluator and I would imagine him and Reese (along with our other scouts) compose a pretty darn good list.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="jmike"]Wow, somebody is suggesting that Jerry Reese does not select best player available.....how absurd!
    [/quote]

[/quote]

BPA is a funny term..its who the giants consider the BPA..doesnt mean other teams evaluate the same way...I was under the impression that JR targets specific poitions until I saw that interview on the NFL network.[/quote]
    Yea, every team pretty much has a list of who they think is the BPA at each pick. Thankfully, our top scout Marc Ross is a brilliant talent evaluator and I would imagine him and Reese (along with our other scouts) compose a pretty darn good list.
    [/quote]

ross is great...is he still here? I heard we lost him to the bears...thanks for article Roanoke but the guy is wrong.