+ Reply to Thread

Statistically this Defense could go down as the worst in Giants history

And yet still a chance to win the NFC East.

All-Pro

Re: Statistically this Defense could go down as the worst in Giants history

Yup... And somehow Perry Fewell will be rewarded if we do.

All-Pro

Maybe you guys didn't hear, they have a ton of injuries on defense. They whereby this bad last year with the same DC when they where a healthier team.

You might also like to know that the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay have some if the worst defenses and all 3 are contenders to win the Super Bowl.

[quote user="buddy33"]Maybe you guys didn't hear, they have a ton of injuries on defense. They whereby this bad last year with the same DC when they where a healthier team.

You might also like to know that the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay have some if the worst defenses and all 3 are contenders to win the Super Bowl.[/quote]

I know they have been hit hard by injuries on defense. I am just stating a fact. If they continue to give up points like they have been they will be the worse defense statistically in Giants history. And yet they are two wins from winning the NFC East.

All-Pro

That may be true, but the last 2 teams they played do that to every team. Before those 2 games they where. It giving up that many points. I'd also like to add that 7 points this last game came from a pick 6 and another 4 ( I say 4 because I would give them the field goal ) in that bogus TD.

Veteran

Imagine if JPP wasn't on this team? LOL

[quote user="buddy33"]That may be true, but the last 2 teams they played do that to every team. Before those 2 games they where. It giving up that many points. I'd also like to add that 7 points this last game came from a pick 6 and another 4 ( I say 4 because I would give them the field goal ) in that bogus TD.[/quote]

All true. I am rooting for them but it gets very frustrating when they never seem to get the other offense off the field. Don't forget they let Vince Young complete 6 straight 3rd down conversions to win the game. That was despicable. I only can remember two really good defensive games this year - 1st Eagles game and the Pats.

All-Pro

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="buddy33"]That may be true, but the last 2 teams they played do that to every team. Before those 2 games they where. It giving up that many points. I'd also like to add that 7 points this last game came from a pick 6 and another 4 ( I say 4 because I would give them the field goal ) in that bogus TD.[/quote]

All true. I am rooting for them but it gets very frustrating when they never seem to get the other offense off the field. Don't forget they let Vince Young complete 6 straight 3rd down conversions to win the game. That was despicable. I only can remember two really good defensive games this year - 1st Eagles game and the Pats.[/quote]

That second Eagles game was all on the offense. I mean come on. The defense intercepted the ball 3 times and th offense scored 0 points off of them and only 3 points in the 1st half. One of those TD's the Eagles had was also set up by a punt returned to the 17.

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="buddy33"]That may be true, but the last 2 teams they played do that to every team. Before those 2 games they where. It giving up that many points. I'd also like to add that 7 points this last game came from a pick 6 and another 4 ( I say 4 because I would give them the field goal ) in that bogus TD.[/quote]

All true. I am rooting for them but it gets very frustrating when they never seem to get the other offense off the field. Don't forget they let Vince Young complete 6 straight 3rd down conversions to win the game. That was despicable. I only can remember two really good defensive games this year - 1st Eagles game and the Pats.[/quote]

That second Eagles game was all on the offense. I mean come on. The defense intercepted the ball 3 times and th offense scored 0 points off of them and only 3 points in the 1st half. One of those TD's the Eagles had was also set up by a punt returned to the 17.[/quote]

I am sorry I have been watching the Giants since the mid-60's and this defense is one of the worst. I think they could have been pretty good if they stayed healthy but unfortunately that did not happen.