+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

NFL sets salary cap at $120.6 million

Re: NFL sets salary cap at $120.6 million

That's a big help lol

a $600K increase for entire teams... more cuts/restructruring to come...

When are we gonna get a message board that makes links clickable? We're the Super Bowl champs, fer chrissake.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/AddP...PostID=2515527

It's a good thing we rely more on the draft!!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]It's a good thing we rely more on the draft!!
    [/quote]
    ^this

All-Pro

[quote user="Mod_C"]That's a big help* lol
    [/quote]

Didn't they actually cut it like $4 million after the lockout? His does a league that is making so much money actually go down $4 million?

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="Mod_C"]That's a big help* lol
    [/quote]

Didn't they actually cut it like $4 million after the lockout? His does a league that is making so much money actually go down $4 million?[/quote]

It was a reset. They lowered it to start from square one and gauge just how much will be feasible since there would be new revenue deals as well as players getting additional benefits that takes away from the actual cap.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]a $600K increase for entire teams... more cuts/restructruring to come...[/quote]
    That's not going to help us any when Eli is making $20 mil next year in his newly restructured contract.

I assume that Eli will be taking up 1/6 of the Giants cap next year based on $20 mil salary vs. $120 cap? I don't know how the cap works, so maybe I'm wrong.

I may be wrong, but restructuring just resembles "kicking the can down the road" to me.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]a $600K increase for entire teams... more cuts/restructruring to come...[/quote]
    That's not going to help us any when Eli is making $20 mil next year in his newly restructured contract.

I assume that Eli will be taking up 1/6 of the Giants cap next year based on $20 mil salary vs. $120 cap? I don't know how the cap works, so maybe I'm wrong.

I may be wrong, but restructuring just resembles "kicking the can down the road" to me.[/quote]

New TV revenues are going to kick in at both 2013/14. The cap is expected to balloon then. Not to mention Eli is really one of the very few I'd like to restructure since his salaries can be poured into a long extension.