+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

A GM without a clue

I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future.

Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive.

I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.

Re: A GM without a clue

I think the new CBA caught Reese by surprise.

We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="T-Murda84"]I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future. Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive. I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.[/quote]WADR, with 2 Super Bowl rings in 4 years it is clear that JR is managing the cap quite well thank you.
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro

I'd like to take the time to inform everyone that the OP believes that being a GM is not that hard of a job and that anyone can do it. Just a heads up before any of you decide to waste your time providing him with a legitimate response

I Never saw the details of Eli's restructure just read it would save us alot of money on this years cap! Its Does not even make sense for Eli to restructure this way! Unless the money is guaranteed I mean what if he gets hurt! Hell they could cut him!!

2 super bowl teams, how dare he give us cap issues when making up winning teams.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

All-Pro

Um, 2 rings in 4 years says you are wrong.

in Reese I trust.

[quote user="T-Murda84"]I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future. Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive. I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.[/quote]

Wow...you know all the ins and outs of being a GM. I guess maybe you should be a consultant for the NYG. I am sure the Mara's and Tisch's will be thankful to you.

Please man....I think the NYG are capable of keeping themselves afloat within the confines of the cap.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Starter

I will take the cap problems along with 2 Super bowl wins. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.