+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EVEN THE EGIRLS REALIZE ELI IS ELITE!!

Re: EVEN THE EGIRLS REALIZE ELI IS ELITE!!

[quote user="wolfie"]I read 3 pages of their comments and I have to say OMG are they dumb. They can't have a conversation without foul language to express themselves. I am no prude by any means, and have used some words in combination that most people have never thought of or heard, but they are idiots. They can't even have a cohesive conversation.[/quote]

It was posted in "Rant 'n Rave" which is their hive of scum and villany, their smack talk section, and it degenerates into verbal diarrhea quite quickly. They post that way on purpose.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="wolfie"]I read 3 pages of their comments and I have to say OMG are they dumb. They can't have a conversation without foul language to express themselves. I am no prude by any means, and have used some words in combination that most people have never thought of or heard, but they are idiots. They can't even have a cohesive conversation.[/quote]

It was posted in "Rant 'n Rave" which is their hive of scum and villany, their smack talk section, and it degenerates into verbal diarrhea quite quickly. They post that way on purpose.

[/quote]</P>

Didn't know that, thanks.</P>

I always keep remembering where the giants were at philly and before the game that one fan who kept saying to Eli "i wish i was Peyton! I wish i was Peyton!!"

Wonder what he thinks of Eli now.

Thank you Drez for getting that link to work....................You know the sad thing is at the end of the day when Eli is inducted into the HOF he will still have detractors that either complain about how he is not as good as Peyton or how he can make some silly faces after a bad play or call or how in BOTH super bowls he shouldn't have won because the Brady and company were the better team and it wasn't suppose to be that way....... or the whole draft deal with Rivers blah....blah...blah ...blah we've all heard the countless scores of people bashing him and I just can't seem to figure out why?... When you have SO many terrible QB's out there like Romo the Homo who is a habitual choker in big games but he is always considered better by the "experts" and his team seems to be always picked to win the division or one hit wonders like Cassel,Cutler or even Rivers for that matter I mean lets be serious stats are great for Madden and fantasy football but it doesn't mean squat if you can't win the big game.

So I think that is the real problem, football has become so consumed by the fantasy football junkies that unless your putting up gaudy numbers your not considered a top tier player and it just seems to spill over to all the "experts" Better to take the safe pick or make the comment that goes with the masses rather than state the obvious, that stats are good but it's the mental toughness the ability to stay composed while under pressure to have the tenacity to continue swinging even when the odds are stacked against you and to not quit swinging until the bell rings that is what makes champions the heart,desire and fortitude to face adversity and punch it square in the face. That is what Eli brings to this team which I will take any day of the week over some guy who puts up all the big numbers but crumples when their punched back.....

Ok I'm done ranting.........

Veteran

[quote user="IRISHFISTS17"]
    http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...#entry16354795

This is kind funny to listen to their fans bash the dog beater and the management and finally come to terms that Eli is a elite QB. Makes one laugh actully especial since all these pukes around the league and the arm chair QB's of the football sports programs at the beginning of last season were questioning Eli's opinion that he should be in the top 5 QB's

My how the tune has changed
    [/quote]The thing is, nothing has changed in Eli at all this year basically since the first SB win.

All it took is for him to throw a bunch of picks and everybody (Giants fans included) turned on him like wild animals. Saying he was terrible and that he would try to do everything to lose games for the Giants.

Never have I seen so much disrespect for a SB champion. From his own fans! So when we start winning a few games, they realize how important Eli is again and all of a sudden they are his biggest fans.

The fickleness of people sickens me.

^ I didn't like how quickly people turned on Eli either, but things DID change this year. The number of perfect pinpoint passes he threw this year was off the charts. Also he didn't force as many bad throws under pressure as he used to and took sacks rather than force something.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Veteran

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]^ I didn't like how quickly people turned on Eli either, but things DID change this year. The number of perfect pinpoint passes he threw this year was off the charts. Also he didn't force as many bad throws under pressure as he used to and took sacks rather than force something.
    [/quote]Yes and no. He is taking more sacks and eating the ball more. but the receivers are on the same page this year for once. Victor and Eli were money and Mario didn't have half of the mental mistakes that he had last year. I still saw Eli throw off his back foot. This is the NFL. You can't make it in this league if you can't throw off your back foot! Dont understand why this bothers people so much. It's like they hear everybody else complain about it and just use it as an excuse to whine. Its okay to throw off the back foot. Eli has had great years before doing it.

One thing though is that pretty much everyone of his deep throws were right on the money this year. I attribute that to full confidence and trust in his WR's. The deep ball has def improved for Eli.

He had a career year before 10'. I know a lot of int's were thrown in 10' but he still had a great season. It's human nature to only focus on the negatives and forget the positives. It's not like Eli sucked for years, and all of a sudden a light bulb went on in 2011. He has been great for us. How quickly we forgot. Thats what bothers me the most. I didn't get all the backlash last season.

Eli is seriously a perfect study into the human psyche.

That it took two SB's for him to get respected, and say he throws a bunch of int's next year, people will jump on the hate bandwagon once again. That is what disturbs me.

Starter

Well people think it is so cut and dry all the time and it isn't. The way I see it is that Eli is a gunslinger and if he sees a spot he is going to try and fit the ball in it most of the time it seems to work out great or at least not turn into an INT. But then you get years like 2010 where he had 5-6 throws straight out of the hands of WR and were INT so the if you add 4-5 more throws for just awful decisions(every QB is gonna have a few even Brady had a 4 pick game this season) then he ends up around 15-20 INT which is exactly about how many he throws on any given year. Plus add the fumbles he lost that year and that is why it was so bad but imo everyone blows the picks out of proportion when it comes to the 2010 season. Basically if your expecting Eli to throw under 10 picks then your watching the wrong QB. I also agree with the comments about receivers stepping up this year it is the 1st time he legitimately had 2 starting WR's since Plax shot himself.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="IRISHFISTS17"]
    http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...#entry16354795

This is kind funny to listen to their fans bash the dog beater and the management and finally come to terms that Eli is a elite QB. Makes one laugh actully especial since all these pukes around the league and the arm chair QB's of the football sports programs at the beginning of last season were questioning Eli's opinion that he should be in the top 5 QB's

My how the tune has changed
    [/quote]The thing is, nothing has changed in Eli at all this year basically since the first SB win.

All it took is for him to throw a bunch of picks and everybody (Giants fans included) turned on him like wild animals. Saying he was terrible and that he would try to do everything to lose games for the Giants.

Never have I seen so much disrespect for a SB champion. From his own fans! So when we start winning a few games, they realize how important Eli is again and all of a sudden they are his biggest fans.

The fickleness of people sickens me.
    [/quote]

After 2010 I was happy that at least we ended the season by beating the redskins, and that the iggles were dumped in the wild card round. I was calling Eli "The Interception Machine" in 2010 (for obvious reasons). I didn't think he outright sucked at that point, but I thought to myself that he should work on that in the offseason if he wants to keep his job. And, to his credit, he did. That's the hallmark of a good NFL player (hell, any good professional athlete). He recognized his mistakes, and corrected them. And now he's known as Eli-te.

+ Reply to Thread