+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How good can JPP be?

I hesitate to compare him to greatness. But I do think JPP has many of Lawrence Taylor's qualities. umm, the good ones I mean. Power, acceleration, speed, range, wingspan, versatility, motor, heart. But there's one muscle that JPP has already developed more than Taylor ever could. That most important of all: the one between the ear holes. The sky's the limit on this young man.

Re: How good can JPP be?

If he can stay healthy, I think he can be a very very productive player. I'd like to hope he can brake Strahans records just for fun []

Veteran

Being as good as LT or Reggie White is still a longshot for anybody, but with JPP there really isn't any particular factor holding him back from that type of greatness. He certainly has the physical attributes, athletic ability and the competitive drive to be at that level.

Veteran

You can't really compare them because they play different positions and JPP weighs a good 50 lbs more lol. He's a different kind of freak.

[quote user="fourth&forever"]I hesitate to compare him to greatness. But I do think JPP has many of Lawrence Taylor's qualities. umm, the good ones I mean. Power, acceleration, speed, range, wingspan, versatility, motor, heart. But there's one muscle that JPP has already developed more than Taylor ever could. That most important of all: the one between the ear holes. The sky's the limit on this young man. [/quote]+1
    No one remembers who came in second.

In all seriousness, he has the tools to be an all-time great.

He is big, he is strong, he has a huge wingspan, and he has the ability to turn the corner and turn the OT into a Turnstile.

He is not one-dimensional as a Pass-Rusher, nor is he one-dimensional as a DE in general.

He can be the best at his position in the sport, and when players do that over a sustained amount of time, the discussion becomes about their all-time ranking.

JPP will be a great, great player.

He can be as good as he wants to be.

Physically speaking he has no flaws in terms of your dream pass rusher, and talent-wise he has shown to be well-rounded beyond his years...so far he seems to have "it" between the ears too, but we'll see as time goes on just how far he's developed.

The things I've seen him do in his short time as a Giant pretty much have wowed me considering his huge football inexperience.

I hesitate to compare him to past greats, but JPP has the tools to be just as bit as good as any or perhaps even better if he plays his cards right, and he can manage to remain relatively healthy for much if not all of his career (*crosses fingers*)...

I dont wanna hype the kid too much, but you gotta admit, he is a special player.

I remember when he was drafted alot of ppl saw the raw athleticism, but weren't sure if he could develop the football IQ. Well he has definitely shown he can, and I always thought he was going to be great, time will tell if he will be "one of the greats", but the potential is there. Kid is amazing!!

He's a very good player and the sky is indeed the limit, but let's not compare him to LT. Not until he wins MVP and changes how the game is played

We've got plenty of time to watch his career unfold. And you never know what good, or bad, things can happen along the way.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]In all seriousness, he has the tools to be an all-time great.

He is big, he is strong, he has a huge wingspan, and he has the ability to turn the corner and turn the OT into a Turnstile.

He is not one-dimensional as a Pass-Rusher, nor is he one-dimensional as a DE in general.

He can be the best at his position in the sport, and when players do that over a sustained amount of time, the discussion becomes about their all-time ranking.

JPP will be a great, great player.
    [/quote] Perfectly said!