+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pass Catching RB

I'm just wondering if there are any running backs that are known for their pass catching ability that we could potentially grab draft or otherwise?

I would love to see what Eli could do with a passing threat out of the backfield - a really legitimate one that he was on 100% par with.

Just bored speculation.

All-Pro

Re: Pass Catching RB

I'm hoping they already have their man.

Scott could be that guy.

Hynoski has great hands too.

I'm really excited to see Scott in there with a better offensive line. One cut and the guy is gone.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

He has that much potential? For having his autograph should probably know more about his skillset, lol.

Bobby Rainey is a nice receiver from Western KY.
    Chris Rainey from Florida

I keep waiting for the Giants to draft a guy like this but it never happens and it probably never will.

Scott caught some passes in college. Sometimes he was even split out wide. I'm sure we're all hoping that with a full off-season he'll have a solid grasp of the offense and blitz-pickups.

[quote user="LT_was_good"]Scott caught some passes in college.* Sometimes he was even split out wide.* I'm sure we're all hoping that with a full off-season he'll have a solid grasp of the offense and blitz-pickups.*
    [/quote]

It's funny you should mention blitz pickups - i was reading the threads about BJ being gone and passblocking suffering, but having a back that could catch out of the backfield quickly and is on the same page as Eli I think would exploit blitzers bigtime.

[quote user="Strahan4gov"]I'm just wondering if there are any running backs that are known for their pass catching ability that we could potentially grab draft or otherwise?

I would love to see what Eli could do with a passing threat out of the backfield - a really legitimate one that he was on 100% par with.

Just bored speculation.[/quote]

LaMichael James
    Robert Turbin
    Chris Rainey
    Bobby Rainey

All names that have been associated with Giants mock drafts.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I would love to take LaMichael James in the middle rounds, he's projected to be a Sproles esque player, just a bit bigger I believe. A completely different route but a nice player to pick up would also be Tolbert, who's just a beastly little bowling ball and wouldn't be a bad compliment to AB both being physical and then have Scott be the 3rd man hopefully. I realllly hope he pans out because his speed can really be a weapon.

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]I would love to take LaMichael James in the middle rounds, he's projected to be a Sproles esque player, just a bit bigger I believe. A completely different route but a nice player to pick up would also be Tolbert, who's just a beastly little bowling ball and wouldn't be a bad compliment to AB both being physical and then have Scott be the 3rd man hopefully. I realllly hope he pans out because his speed can really be a weapon.[/quote]

LaMIchael James will more then likely go in the second round.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)