+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Wouldnt mind 2 TEs in the draft

I would like to see the giants pick up Fleener in the 1st and Ladarius Green in the 3rd.

Like the Pats picking up Gronk and Hernandez Two years ago. Im high on both of these players. I feel this would make out weak but scrappy TE corp to one of the young bright spots.

Fleener, Green, and Ballard would be a great rotation. Will also ease the loss of MM. No need to pick up another WR. have JJ and Barden and Hix rotating at the 3 and use both fleener and Green as both TE and that weird TE/H/WR combo flex position. Green is an athletic and fast TE who moves like a RB and catches like a WR.

Re: Wouldnt mind 2 TEs in the draft

I no longer think we go TE in the 1st. Although, I would not be upset if we did. However, I do not think we have the luxury of going TE in 2 of the 1st three picks.

Doubtful.

This draft class isn't nearly as deep as it was last year and the hot rumor is the Giants are trying to sign Jacob Tamme. If that happens, we might not draft a TE at all.

Also neither of those TEs can block. While we may draft one TE like that, I don't see us drafting two.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

Both guys CAN block, and give good effort. They just don't have the mass to take on/pancake DE's. They'll get bigger and better as they get experience. I wouldn't have a problem with either of them if they happen to be the best in the board when the Giants pick. I just don't want (and don't think) Reese plugging holes with the draft. Let them make some cap room and do it through FA.

We dont NEED a crazy talent at TE. Eli can make average talent guys look like damned good players, look at every TE we had since Shockey. At this point we have WAY more pressing needs, more so than getting 2 TE's

We need to solidify our OL, after that we can move on to luxuries like TEs
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"]We dont NEED a crazy talent at TE.* Eli can make average talent guys look like damned good players, look at every TE we had since Shockey.* At this point we have WAY more pressing needs, more so than getting 2 TE's

We need to solidify our OL, after that we can move on to luxuries like TEs
    [/quote]

1. TE 2. OL 3. TE thats three OL in the first three rounds. TEs help in the run blocking, pass blocking, and pass receiving. OL if definatly a need and TE helps both OL and the recieving corp.

Our #1 and #2 TE both blew their knee out in the SB adn our #3 WR will be lost the FA. TE is a very pressing need. can help from two angles.

I agree with going for either OL or LB.

I'm not sure if the giants would go OT in 1st round

It seems like they're high on brewer and are glad with diehl at right tackle, if need be

[quote user="Slunk3AM"]I agree with going for either OL or LB.[/quote]

i would prefer a LB early but at 32 i dont think we get value with and LB that will be left. the Luke K is the only one who really impresses me. ive seen alot wanting hightower but i have alot of worries with him fitting in our system. we have good solid talant at LB and outside of a stud falling to us at 32 wouldnt use the pick there

All-Pro

lol, doubtful. We rarely pick TEs in the 1st 3 rounds.... Beckum? Shockey? Yet alone 2 TEs.

Im actually starting to lean towards CB. I think we go BPA and Im starting to think a CB will slip into our hands, again. If we lose T2 and Ross, how amazing is it that Reese drafted Prince? BPA. Its the way to go. CWeb is also 30 this season and has 2 more years left on his contract.

It would be a great story too if Chad Jones can come back completely and fill our need for a safety with Grant leaving.