+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Hillis

Peyton Hillis

Well I said this a couple months ago and I stick by it now that Jacobs is gone, I really wouldn't mind the Giants bringing him in.

He's a strong power back that could use a change of scenery, and might be motivated on the Giants.

He's only 26. As long as the contract isn't ridiculous I think it could be worth it. Just something about him makes me think he's perfect for this team.

Re: Peyton Hillis

i dunno i worry about the idea. if he cracked under the pressure in Cleveland and talked about retiring to become a CIA agent, how do you think he'll handle the NYC media? thats pressure x1,000,000...it takes a certain kind of player to be successful here otherwise you end up like Plex acting out and messing things up for the team or like Sanchez who needs to be coddled and protected which hurts the locker room mentality
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

All-Pro

Doesn't he want a lot of money?

Didn't he kind of quit on his team?

No thanks.

[quote user="buddy33"]Doesn't he want a lot of money?

Didn't he kind of quit on his team?

No thanks.[/quote]

He ran for 1200yds in 2010, then was injured for part of 2011, and the Browns were talking **** about him during that time.

Change of scenery, moving to a contender can completely change people. Some guys are worth taking a chance on. We took a chance on Plax when the Steelers dumped him, and that worked out pretty well, and I dont think Hillis is quite as dumb as Plax is.

http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonhillis/1980/combine

according to the scouting reports on him, he actually would be the perfect replacement to Jacobs...just wonder about his mentality...spelling bradshaw, he could be dominant, although I think he thinks he should be the #1 RB...good at catching passes...and we could actually use him and bradshaw on the field at the same time which I always wanted to see with Jacobs...if we weren't going to give Jacobs 2 mil a year, I doubt we'll give that to Hillis tho

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008FB.php

40 time 4.57 was his best time at his Pro Day. benched 225 26x...guy has the power and similar style of play to Jacobs as a RB although it seemed he should be a FB...

[quote user="giantsfan420"]http://walterfootball.com/draft2008FB.php

40 time 4.57 was his best time at his Pro Day. benched 225 26x...guy has the power and similar style of play to Jacobs as a RB although it seemed he should be a FB...[/quote]

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-peyton-hillis
    FA scouting report. Paired with Bradshaw, he could be a bigtime factor. He can't be the main guy bc of injury concerns, but he is an everydown back bc he can catch the ball and run routes very well for someone of his style...

Yeah he does look like a FB, but he is a RB. FBs dont put up 1200yds in this league. He obviously has the ability.

He had 1 questionable season. Got injured, then the Browns turned on him and he lost the will to play for that miserable franchise.

It's tough for power backs to play through injuries. How many times have we seen this with Jacobs? I think guys with obvious talent deserve a second chance. We gave that to Plax and it worked. There's a decent chance this could work too.

Wants a lot of money ... gave contract headaches ... injury issues ....

Meh.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

one way he is different and imho better for our offense than jacobs is that hillis is quick but doesn't have good breakaway speed where Jacobs isn't very quick but can break away with deceptive speed...i'm intrigued after doing a lil reading on Hillis